Sign in to follow this  
robochan

New need help

Hello i race go karts and would like to start makeing graphics for the karts and trailers. What equipment do i need? What are the costs? How long dose it take to make up money for the equipment.

Thanks so much,

Chandler

PS im from central ohio :thumbsup:

basically, you need a cutter and some vinyl. The cutter will come with the software that you need.

Once people find out you can do it, the cutter will pay for itself fast. It took me less than 2 weeks on my first cutter.

wow thanks for fast supply. What size do i need? I cant find vinyl larger than 30" so whats the purpose of a larger cutter? How much would a long lasting cutter cost?

Thanks again,

Chan

A 24" cutter would probably be all that you would need for quite a while.

UsCutter just came out with starter kits. They are a great cutter for the price. Here is one of their starter kits that might work great for you.

http://www.uscutter.com/USCutter-Decal-Shop-Basic-Business-Package_p_745.html

If you want just a cutter and some vinyl I would recommend a Pcut series. Great deal for the price http://www.uscutter.com/Creation-PCUT-Vinyl-Cutter_p_74.html All you would need is a few rolls of vinyl and some squeeges.

I personally have the Pcut and it has worked great for me so far. I've heard of people having good luck with most of the cutters that USCutter sells.

The 30" cutters and larger come in handy if you have a wide format printer over 30" so you can contour cut. Contour cutting is where you print out a image and it prints registration marks. The cutter then see's those marks and will cut on the outline of your image so you can get rid of the excess vinyl

Welcome from Chicago. You will be so surprised as to how fast you will make the money back.

Dave

thanks so much. At one of the go kart swap meets i go to there's a sign company that makes kart graphics and they are always crowded and have like a 4 hour wait for like 4 sets of numbers. I would just want to go and take some of there overflow of customers.

well, I was just going to do banners for myself and fellow concession people...and before I knew it I was doing it full time. You will be surprised how many people will want signs,decals,etc..once they know you can do it.

Guest kenya

Welcome robochan !

All my cutters have been 24". You can do A Lot with one.  :-[

I'm not sure about that.You can do the design,etc in AI and import into the cuting software. I think Signcut has a plug-in for AI or Maybe Corel. Could be wrong about that.

welcome from Alabama you will find the help you need this is the best forum i HAVE CAME ACROSE