jayben03

dog silhouette???

Does anyone know where I can find all the breeds all I am looking for is the simple black outlines of the dogs? I have found a cd that contains them all but it costs about 200.00 and I dont really have the money to pay that much right now and I was wondering if anyone may know where I can get some cheaper or if you have any that you are willing to share? Thank you so much you guys have been so helpful with everything!

Jay

look up signtorch on ebay, his package is great and wont break the bank. looks like about 40 dogs in the package i got.  plus alot of other great vectors.  ;D

I know that this an old post but I'm looking for this and can't seem to find anything but there must be something as I see lots of people selling different decals on eBay.  I'm trying to find simple dog silhouettes with names.  I did find the one at all-silhouettes.com but most are hard to identify.  Can someone tell me where people are getting these?  Free is preferable but I don't mind paying a little for them either.  Thanks!

google is your friend.

mark-s

Can you share the search term you're using?  I've spent most of the morning looking for this and I can't find what I'm looking for.  Perhaps I'm dumb, but trust me I've tried.

I think the problem he's having is finding the breed names of the silhouettes. Finding silhouettes is easy, finding them with labels is a bit harder.

• Like 1

And GOOD breed silhouettes are important too.

Dog breeders/enthusiasts can be very picky about 

the fine points & proportions....

just like you guys with your cycles/trucks/antique autos.

Sue2

I think the problem he's having is finding the breed names of the silhouettes. Finding silhouettes is easy, finding them with labels is a bit harder.

@FRUSTRATEDINHAWAII, thank you for the link.  Yes I did find those and others.  

@darcshadow is correct.  The real work is in figuring out what the different breeds are.  I do not mind paying for this but I've yet to find a source that has multiple identified breeds.  I have found small groups of the same breed for sale on etsy at a price of $3-$5 but that will probably get real expensive real quick.

@sue2, exactly!  And unfortunately I don't know enough about dogs to identify them all or even say if they are drawn correctly.

Hard to say this without sounding like a smart-a$$ but,

you'll probably have to do some homework and put together your own dog breed identification files.

Once again, the "Easy Button" just isn't working. If you're trying to offer decals for sale,

perhaps offering some based on something you know a little more about?

Or, at a minimum, you may have to learn some breed recognition... and/or Pony-up the bucks.

I would suggest getting one breed at a time and build your collection.

@skarekrow, understood and thank you for the advice.  I was really only asking as I see a good many people (I think) selling these on eBay/Etsy/etc and I'm guessing that they may have downloaded/purchased a master file with all this information in it.  From my searching and these replies it seems less likely that this exists.  I have identified some of the ones I've downloaded and also have asked a friend who does dog rescue stuff to help as well. 

• Like 1

I bought the big mega-vault collection from www.clipartandfonts.com when they sold it on ebay.

In one of the collections, and I think it was one of the swapmeet collections, there is a set of "No Parking Except for <dog breed> Owners" sign designs, most of which have a breed specific silhouette and are labeled.

You might want to contact them and see if they can tell you which collection it was in (I have mine all sorted into categories that make sense to me, versus their collections).

There are at least 70 different breed specific no parking signs included.

post-24492-0-23187600-1430334116_thumb.p

• Like 1

With just a quick glance at those "breeds" above, I would

have to say none are good silhouettes.

I used to breed & show dogs and those outlines are seriously poor.

Just my 2 cents.

Sue2

@OWJONES, this is pretty much what I am looking for.  Thank you for posting

@Sue2, I do agree that they are not ideal, but I should be able to use them for identifying other silhouettes I already have a bit better.  The afgan and border collie images aren't very good but the others are pretty close, right?  I think I'm will to take the risk for $15.

No, none of those silhouettes are very good.

The Dachs looks like a Bassett cross,

The Greyhound looks overly stretched in length

The JR looks like a doberman head & neck on a min-pin body.

The border could be a golden, Aussie, or any in that type.

I wouldn't use any of them....a waste of $15

Sue2

Sue2, thanks for the advice.  As you can see I obviously don't know much about dogs!! :)