cbauer50

Tips? Packaging window decals

I am creating some window decals I will be selling.

I am struggling to try to figure out how to cut them out after I have my application tape applied.  I have a paper cutter, but is there any tricks to get them cut out so they are perfectly square/rectangles?

I will print a bunch of them across my vinyl, apply the transfer tape.  Next step to cut them apart.

Hope this makes sense.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

CB

If your vinyl is lined up right, most vinyls have squares on the back linter, and the design should be squared to those squares...so just cut using those squares.

I make a weed border around mine (space them out so it leaves a bit of space - I use .05" or .1" between each decal) and leave the waste vinyl between rows and columns of decals when you weed. Then you can put on the transfer tape and just line up your paper cutter on the weed border and whack'em out straight as an arrow.

-Mike

That's about what I was thinking, Mike - just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas.  It's always nice to hear of others' ideas.

Thanks.

CB

I make a weed border around mine (space them out so it leaves a bit of space - I use .05" or .1" between each decal) and leave the waste vinyl between rows and columns of decals when you weed. Then you can put on the transfer tape and just line up your paper cutter on the weed border and whack'em out straight as an arrow.

-Mike

This is about what I do.

Jay

the decals from what i understand r very small?

can i see an exsample of what r u trying to pack?

<<i would use selofan bags and the atacce a labele on top >>

I know how I want to package them, but I was looking more for tips on cutting them out so they are all nice and even.

CB

I use a Lowes lower priced I beam level with the level viles taken out as my guide and use my OLFA knife. 24" for small sets and 48" for large sets.

I use either my rotary paper cutter or just the big blue ruler with the fiskars rolling cutter

I use either my rotary paper cutter or just the big blue ruler with the fiskars rolling cutter

+1

The ruler I use is a see-through fiskars that has a bunch of lines, so I can use all different one for easy alignment. I also have a decent size self-healing cutting mat.

thumb.jpg

thumb.jpg

thumb.jpg