Sign in to follow this  
Guest Terry

Missed a HUGE 9 pointer

Guest Terry

I think I'm going to cry. It was one of those shots that are handed to you. EASY 15 yard shot at the most. I have missed ones like this before, so simple you think no way could you miss... So I pulled the bow up seen him in the peep sight and MISSED!! never took the time to even look at the pins. Then you think that was my chance and I blew it. Now nothing else will make you happy unless it's just as big. I CAN"T BELEAVE I FREAKING MISSED!!!!!  :'( ;D ;D

if it's any consolation the guy who takes that buck will probably use his truck or the family car.

WOW... where i'm from (the west coast) that would have been an 18 point buck  :woohoo:

counting both sides is just wrong  :why:

Sorry 'bout your bad luck there Terry, I can feel for ya.

Bill

Or it will be taken by the guy sitting in his climate controlled, highrise mini-Hilton deer blind with the fully stocked bar and a feeder 25 yards away using his high power sniper rifle.  Is that REALLY hunting?  :notsure:

Or it will be taken by the guy sitting in his climate controlled, highrise mini-Hilton deer blind with the fully stocked bar and a feeder 25 yards away using his high power sniper rifle.  Is that REALLY hunting?   :notsure:

Ahh, something to add to my X-Mas wish list.....            :yes:

You missed some good eating.. I bet you are asking yourself  :why: did this have to happen to me.

Deer hunting has got way too expensive in Texas.  It turned into big business for the ranchers.  Leases are out of site.  Not much public land to hunt on around here.  It is a year round chore to keep the feeders full and the blinds maintained.  I gave it up, too many other things I would rather spend that money on.  You either have to deer hunt or pick another hobbie, most people can't afford to do both.

I was describing a friends deer blind.  I think it would probably sleep 8.  30 feet off the ground.  Hard to climb down that damn ladder drunk though.