Sign in to follow this  
gopal5150

New to plotting, trying to set up plotter help.

what are the kill switch or carriage? i finally got my computer set up with th software, and i got my needle ready then whent to do a test cut,,,, nothing happened ,,, on the screen it said waiting,,,,, so i pressed all the buttons ,,,,,, still waiting ,,, so then i turned it off,,, and turned it back on, and it had all these black bars, so i read in tech support something about carriage and kill switch? but those terms aren't in the manual? anyone?

i will be in the shop tomorrow trying to figure it out,some could call  at 352-226-6400 thanks. jake.

the kill switch is the red button ..if the carriage is pressing against it, move it away by hand.

red button is located where? i dont have my plotter with me at home, but could it be the on and off switch? there is nothing touching that?

it is at the end of the cutter,  where the carriage travels back and forth on the track,  left and right  , Carriage holds your blade holder.    If the carriage goes against the red button it kills it.  kill switch. 

hola,

what kind/brand of cutter do you have?

i found the cave man methoed worked out wonderfull... ;D just start pushing buttons.. then things start moving... alto it kinda freaked me out at first with its strange noise... :thumbsup: (i thought i broke it)

didnt it yours come with a little booklet? they tend to have a step by step go at things...