Sign in to follow this  
rynecoop

Mailbox

Did this one for my dad today, let me know what you think?  The install was a pain in the arse!

post-1546-12986513425904_thumb.jpg

post-1546-12986513452011_thumb.jpg

post-1546-12986513478212_thumb.jpg

post-1546-12986513500258_thumb.jpg

I'm gonna guess that Ryne did it wet, and he might have had to cut the transfer tape as well.  There are lots of "tricks" to help with installation!  I hope to put up some videos on some of the application subjects that I have seen on this forum.  I do not have my pCut yet, so I can't answer too many questions about that, but I do realy have a lot of experience in vinyl installaiton.

Oh, and BTW, It looks real good Ryne!  What Vinyl did you use?

For the vinyl I used Mactech 8300 pro, for outside stuff, or cars I always use the best vinyl, unless its temporaary, inside any cheap stuff will hold up forever. Stickemup is half right, I did cut the transfer tape (always a good idea on curved surface's), but I did it dry, due to the fact that mailbox is plastic and pourise, and also I really hate the wet method! (I only use wet methond when installing large graphics on cars) it just seems to take to long to dry, and way to much squeeging.  I perfer to put a piece of tape in the middle of the graphic and cut the backing, and apply half at a time (hinge method) this way takes time and patiance other wise you can really screw it up!  Thanks for all the comments!  I just listed some "flame mailbox kits" on ebay hopefully I can sell a 100 of them!  That would make me happy, then I could go get a ATV! lol

Thats exactly the kind of mailboxes I like! Flamed mailboxes, thats awesome (not that Ive seen any other before).

You did a great job!

Joe

here is the mailbox i did for my house with the vinyl I got from daniel t. thanks daniel.

[attachment deleted by admin]

That looks great ryne, I've been thinking about doing my box and had something similar in mind

I did our mailbox this summer. The few quick application attempts I've tried on a poly similar to your mailbox, the vinyl wanted to lift. I wasn't sure if it was the surface grain or a residue from the plastic.

post-622-12986513676477_thumb.jpg

post-622-12986513689808_thumb.jpg

here is the mailbox i did for my house with the vinyl I got from daniel t. thanks daniel.

I"ve spent my entire life telling people how to spell my last name.And its not as hard as yours. But the mailbox looks good. Very good.