Ok guys, sent my cutter back to have it serviced and they said they installed a new carriage for the problem I was getting. The problem is when I make a cut or plot I have jagged lines instead of straight, this happens with diagonal lines the most. I've made sure my carriage is in the tracks and not in front of it. I'm made sure the carriage is secure and doesn't move. I've done everything they have asked for. I owned the cutter for 1 day! and had to pay to ship it back to them so they could "Fix it" Well I received it back today and still does the same thing. They said they tested it and replaced the carriage and made cuts with it and cut perfect, but it's in my hands now and doesn't cut worth anything. I'm lost on what it can be. I've tried position of the pen tool and cutter, front and back, pressure, speed. Nothing works, it still cuts jagged. Could this machine just be bad?

Here is an example.

close2o.jpg

width=800 height=600http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/3409/closeup1p.jpg[/img]

width=800 height=600http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/4410/closeup3z.jpg[/img]

width=800 height=600http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/5718/closeup5.jpg[/img]

any chance you are using too much pressure/force with  it?  Have you tried lowering the force?    Have you tried it with a piece of vinyl and set your offset?  ...  try different then pen.

I've tried both, I used the factory settings and also reduced the pressure. And still cuts and plots the same. Only reason i switch to the pen was because I was tired of wasting vinyl.

Offset i'm using .25 with Sign Blazer.

I've tried both, I used the factory settings and also reduced the pressure. And still cuts and plots the same. Only reason i switch to the pen was because I was tired of wasting vinyl.

Offset i'm using .25 with Sign Blazer.

have you tried changing the offset?.  + -  .25 is not set in stone,,   different machines are different.. .25 is only a guide to start at.   try adjusting at .05 adjustments.   either up or down  all machines need fine tuned  to the type of vinyl, cutting software and force you are using.   Have you tryed not doing the test and enter text/  circle a small design on your layout screen and put the offset at 0 for your pen and see what that does?,,  like cutting/drawing with your pen.

I've only tried it at .25. I've tried test cuts, test plots, and used designs i've made. I've also used just letters to see if maybe it was the graphic being jagged. Same result. I'm going to try adjusting the offset while doing it now.

if it gets alot worse going  one way...  then start going the other way.. then see where it gets you..    See  I have a Graphtec  and my offset runs at 0,,  Machines are all different  You have to fine tune YOUR machine,  You can have the same 2 brands setting side by side and they can run totally different.. 

It sounds as if it's shaking back and forth, like the small back and forth. sort of like a rattling noise. I've just now noticed it when I slowed it down a bit.

It sounds as if it's shaking back and forth, like the small back and forth. sort of like a rattling noise. I've just now noticed it when I slowed it down a bit.

sorry, can't help you with that,,  you will have to get tech support  for that.

Trust me been on the phone with tech support. They keep on with the carriage being the problem. They just repaired it and installed a new one, I really don't think 2 in a row being bad? I just wanna get this thing fixed cause this is costing me to ship it back each time. And it took 3 weeks to get it back this time, another 3 weeks to do this again. Getting ridiculous. I hope the guy who is told me he was calling me at 8:30 tonight does so.

I got mine in the mail last Friday.  When I hooked it up I was having problems.  I called US Cutter and we found out that the metal roller on the bottom that moves the vinyl had moved.  Somewhere from the factory to me it got shifted to the left side of the machine.  I had to remove the bottom and the left end cap and push the rod back in.  After that I've had no problems.  Hopefully this works for you.  Worst case you removed and installed about 20 screws. 

Diagonal lines are made when both the X and the Y axis are moving together. It seems like strictly X or strictly Y movement does not cause as much of an issue with the jaggedness. How tight is the carriage belt? Same results with the blade and vinyl?

They still have customers pay to ship back DOA units?  :thumbsup:

I will ask them about the roller. I sent the first cutter back to them 3 weeks ago. And just received it yesterday. I open the box, and lift the cutter out, plug it in, and made sure everything was set up correctly. I make a few test cuts and oh boy did it do the same thing as when I sent it out. I got tired of cutting and wasting vinyl so I switched to the plotter. The carriage belt is pretty tight, just as they said to have it. They said they had the cutter on their bench and it cut perfect. But now that it shows up at my house it doesn't? Not sure if I'm the lucky one who got struck with bad luck or not. The cutter that was sent back to me was the one I bought, it was not replaced with a new unit, just a new carriage.

And yes, they made me pay $30 to ship a DOA back to them, and they said they might be able to get it down to $20 the next time I send it back. So I pay $50 more for a cutter that actually works.

redrivergraphics - what were your symptoms that your machine wasn't right? Was it doing the same thing mine was doing?

I called them about getting it hooked up to my computer.  They had me turn the machine on and it made a really bad sound.  The guy had me try to move the metal rollers by hand and they barely moved.  That's when he had me take it apart to check on the roller.

Slowing it down doesn't help, still makes the same jagged lines. I have increased and decreased pressure, decreased and increased speed. Adjusted the offset. Nothing seems to work.

It has to be the cutter itself, and not settings.

I would bet one of the stepper motors is bad then.  I would still like to see a picture of it drawing at a speed of 4.

I was there for 2 years or so, and never had to replace a stepper motor. Not saying it isn't a possibility, but I would be leaning towards the carriage or feed rollers. If the carriage has been recently replaced- maybe check each feed roller. May need to tip the unit on its side and remove the whole bottom panel to expose the tension brackets for each feed roller. Also check to make sure each feed roller is tight- no play.

Plotted at speed of 4, the jagged lines are not as noticeable but they are clearly still there. Feed rollers are tight. I'm going to be getting in touch with Brandon to have this machine sent back for a new one.

Plotted at speed of 4, the jagged lines are not as noticeable but they are clearly still there. Feed rollers are tight. I'm going to be getting in touch with Brandon to have this machine sent back for a new one.

Brandon told me he would be out of the office all of next week so if you can't get hold of him, try Levi. He has been there the longest. Good luck.

Thanks for the heads up, I just don't want to have down time is my main concern. Since the minute i have bought it, I have been unable to produce anything that I can profit off of, so 4 weeks and 0 return, and a potential 3 more weeks of not producing anything? Not flying with me, 6-7 weeks. I think a DOA cutter should have some special consideration with the return. I'm hoping we can settle with them shipping a new unit to me the same time I ship mine back to them. At least i will only be out a week, instead of 3.

TRY. Take the left cover off and tighten the drive belt a little till it stops. fixed mine right up. Its like stiction, jumps then stops jumps etc.

Might want to tradeup to a copam - had pcut - refine and copam and copam was the best for reliable production

Eventually I'm going to get purchase another cutter, so then I can have one running and the other for backup in case something goes wrong. At this point Brandon has shipped my new cutter out to me.

We spoke on the phone last night for almost an hour. Very awesome guy to talk to about the graphics world. And to hear is insight on a few things. Tech support has been nothing but helpful to me. It def shows they care about their customers. +1 for them. Every rep I spoke to seemed to care about the situation and went out of their way to help.