Sign in to follow this  
bugzmaxx

layering graphics in SBE

just starting out. any quick tips on making layered graphics. registration marks? cant find them in SBE. thanx

Hey i am also new just learned how to make them. Under "DRAW" there is an option for registration marks but for some reason it's always greyed out and wont do anything. i found this somewhere and use it seems to work good. just make sure you open it first then import your picture because if you work on something then open it, it will close your work and open this as a new one! "Attached file"

When you click on the CUT button and it brings up the new cut window look on the left side there's all your colors you can click on one color or ctrl+click each one to display more than one! whatever is being displayed is what will cut!

I'll check back here if you have any questions i'll explain more detailed sometimes i shorten things so much nobody can understand them lol

The Registration mark i attached always cuts no matter what color your cutting!!

rego.SBD

rego.SBD

i do not have anything like that on my version of sb.but heres a thought. draw some registration marks then select them, then go to "registration marks" and see if it is not greyed out and is clickable.

they are locked out unless you have it unlocked or the proversion. just draw 2 small squares and select them on each layer that you send to cut.

i just make two circles above the graphic then select and change the color to the same as each layer that way it cuts on each layer than just line up the circles as you layer

i make them a unique color and then select 2 colors for each cut, the color im cutting, and the color of the reg marks. i doubt that it would, but i dont want to take any chances of anything changing going back and forth from the design to the cut screen all the time to change their colors.

When you click on the CUT button and it brings up the new cut window look on the left side there's all your colors you can click on one color or ctrl+click each one to display more than one! whatever is being displayed is what will cut!

THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU

This has solved my current problem. :thumbsup:

How come when I put circles for reg marks and I go to cut screen it moves my circles. Im selecting the two colors I need one of which is reg mark and the other graphic. If I select the two colors from design it does not stack them it's putting them separate. It moves my reg marks closer to each color when I select each color separate. My layers don't line up when this happens. What am I doing wrong help help thanks

How come when I put circles for reg marks and I go to cut screen it moves my circles. Im selecting the two colors I need one of which is reg mark and the other graphic. If I select the two colors from design it does not stack them it's putting them separate. It moves my reg marks closer to each color when I select each color separate. My layers don't line up when this happens. What am I doing wrong help help thanks

on the very top of the cut screen there asr 2 tabs, general will be open. click on the save space tab and make sure all of those are UN-checked.

on the very top of the cut screen there asr 2 tabs, general will be open. click on the save space tab and make sure all of those are UN-checked.

that was it save space box was checked thanks a bunch