heavyduty

wrinkling after washing!!!!

Guest fivestar

I bought 5 rolls from Autry , wasted money. Not only shrinkage but the florescent orange and green wimped to pink & baby puke on black shirts. I felt sorry for their sales lady - no wonder she's not making any money. She bit my face off when I wanted to sent it back. Needs a white backing ,  Siser next order

How would you press it if it had a white backing?

You press it the same way, the white backing just blocks the bleed through.

You should have no problems with eco film on 50/50 shirts. Don't stretch the shirt when putting it on the platen and make sure you pre heat shirt before applying vinyl. Don't let one negative comment on eco film detour you from it(especially from someone who has never used it and is trying to recall from previous posts read) No offense to anyone. You won't be disappointed with the easy weeding, pressing or durability of eco film.

i got a order for some shirts today and i think im gonna order easyweed. i sure hate a customer bring back 400 shirts...

Same as eco film so you are good. Why not screen that many though? Heck you could even out source and make more profit for that quantity. Especially if you are just learning how to do the heat pressing?

check with 23putts for pricing before you try to cut, weed, and heat press that many shirts. Good prices. I would go with them if I didn't just aquire screening equipment.

its just a front logo. 5'' by .750. so kinda small. so i think i could cut and weed press pretty quick...

hey everyone,

just got my easyweed in today and im not finding it very easy to weed.

does 45 deg or 60 deg make a difference?

or how much pressure. im gonna look around and see if i can find any post on this.

thanks,

45 or 60 shouldn't make a difference in Easyweed.

What are your difficulties in weeding?  Is it not closing cuts, or not cutting all the way through?  Sometimes if I dont have the blade or pressure correct, it will kind of "zipper" off when weeding, because it's not cut all the way through.

Heatpress vinyl should be very, very easy to weed if it is cut correctly.  You might try dialing your blade out a bit or upping the pressure.  I never use more than 110 pressure on my LP24, regardless of the vinyl, I just adjust the blade out and it works.

I may be doing this all wrong but I dont pre wash any of the shirts I sell. I order mostly gildan brand and the only thing I do to them is pre press before I put the design on them. I would be washing and drying all the time if I had to do that! I'm not really sure why anyone would wash the shirts before selling them, I'm pretty sure other stores do not do that and if something is prewashed there is usually a label on the pants/ shirt that states its been prewashed.

Is everyone who is doing shirts always prewash them before selling? I'm just curious because no matter what, I'm not washing all the shirts I sell BEFORE I sell them...LOL!!! Everything hanging in my store would be a wrinkled mess if I washed and dried everything unless of course I ironed it too! LOL!!

Customers expect a new shirt, not one that has been washed.  Not to mention, there is no way I would wash all the shirts.

See, this is why I love forums. I love hearing all your real-world experiences with heat-press vinyl. I am soaking it all up before I buy my first heat-press and starter-vinyl.

So far it's looking like Thermoflex and Siser get top marks. I did the same with my vinyl cutter....started right out of the gate with Oracal 651 and never looked back. :thumbsup:

I can also see the issues now with not buying pre-shrunk. Heck I wouldn't want to have to wash clothes either just to heat-press something on them. I don't blame ya. Nice to know you can buy pre-shrunk.

Plus, new shirts have that 'new shirt smell' not the smell of your favorite detergent, and it's nice to leave the tags on.

Guest sciondrgn

I do not pre-wash the shirts. Been using Spectra Eco-Film but switched over to Siser from Specialty. the price is better and shipping is faster for me than Imprintables was

I do not pre-wash the shirts. Been using Spectra Eco-Film but switched over to Siser from Specialty. the price is better and shipping is faster for me than Imprintables was

Plus, Siser Easyweed and Eco-film are exactly the same material.  I have had spotty service from Imprintables as well.

Aren't all shirts pre-shrunk?

what kind of shirt are you using?

The only time I had this problem was when I was pressing large patches of vinyl on to cheap (light weigh) 100% cotton shirts.  I did a few gildan "heavy cotton" shirts for my daughter.  I switched to ultra cotton (6.1oz) and that's all I use.  I use siser easy weed since i started doing shirts and it works great.  I did get the fellers house brand once, and it sucked. I still have about half a roll of that.

azdecals