heavyduty

wrinkling after washing!!!!

ive been noticing that after i wash the shirts the vinyl tends to wrinkle. if i repress them they look like new but not everone can do that. im using hotmard 70 @ 340deg for 15sec then peal and press for another 10secs. maybe i need to prewash.

i hate to  have to prewash every shirt i do. thanks for any help.

no they are not pre washed.. i really dont want to pre wash all the shirts. maybe i need to change type of vinyl.

Try and make a deal with a local dry cleaner..........a banner or some shirts in exchange for washing tee shirts...............I dont know Im just about to get into shirts in a few months.

i could pre wash myself but didnt really want to. i would like to leave tags on shirts when i sell them. not a must but i thought it would look better. im gonna try to pre wash and ill see what happens.

Try using siser, I never have a problem with that.  Really is there a reason you are using hotmark.  It might just be the kind of vinyl.  I use siser & thermo flex

Peggy

Guest fivestar

Yup I don't like Hotmark either.  I prefer Multicut or Thermoflex.

i bought hotmark because that what sign warehouse RECOMENDED!!

where would i get the other stuff?

Most all of my wrinkling problems were caused by me streching the shirt when putting and aligning it on the press. After that I was more careful putting the shirts on the press I have not had any problems since

Three things.

1. Make sure your getting Pre-shrunk shirts. Form a name brand supplier. Off brands even though they say are preshrunk I have found shrink like crazy. I use mostly Hanes Heavyweights, they feel better in your hands (big customer selling point and they are a good shirt.)

2. Make sure your preheating the shirts before your press them to remove the moisture, and like Buggy Pilot said, make sure your not stretching the shirts when you lay them on the platen.

3. use good Heat transfer material, Siser (EX weed), Thermoflex or Spectra( re branded Siser) (Cut or Cut II, avoid Eco Film, it's garbage). These are all brands I have used and had no problem with. I have only had Wrinkling with EZ Weed one time and that was on an off the rack Fruit of the Loom Sweatshirt. Wasn't shrunk correctly.

Kevin

Guest fivestar

Spectra( re branded Siser) (Cut or Cut II, avoid Eco Film, it's garbage).

Ummmmmm..........You've got that backwards.......Eco Film is rebranded Siser.........Cut II is would you want to avoid like the plague.

The Spectra Cut not the II that I got from Imprintables is exactly the same as EZ Weed. I have not tried the Cut II. The rep was the one that told me they were the same, It was after I read a post on here by you I think that I called and asked. I haven't had any troubles with the Spectra Cut, I literally couldn't tell the difference between it and the Siser, before or after applying.

I would swear I have heard a bunch of complaints about the Eco-film on here.

But I could be confused, it wouldn't be the first time.  :thumbsup:

kevin

Guest fivestar

The Spectra Cut not the II that I got from Imprintables is exactly the same as EZ Weed. I have not tried the Cut II. The rep was the one that told me they were the same, It was after I read a post on here by you I think that I called and asked. I haven't had any troubles with the Spectra Cut, I literally couldn't tell the difference between it and the Siser, before or after applying.

I would swear I have heard a bunch of complaints about the Eco-film on here.

But I could be confused, it wouldn't be the first time.  :thumbsup:

kevin

I've never used their Cut but I have used their Cut II and Eco Film.....Eco Film is rebranded Siser but their Cut II is shit.  Trust me.............DON'T EVER USE IT.

hotmark is crap! end of story. if u want professional and long lasting results. DO NOT USE IT.

Try themoflex, eco film, both are excellent product or siser easy weed.

good luck

thanks for all the info. so far no one has talk bad about thermoflex. where do i order this stuff.

thanks,

I bought 5 rolls from Autry , wasted money. Not only shrinkage but the florescent orange and green wimped to pink & baby puke on black shirts. I felt sorry for their sales lady - no wonder she's not making any money. She bit my face off when I wanted to sent it back. Needs a white backing ,  Siser next order

Make sure to not strech the shirt when putting it on the press...use a 50/50 blend tee.  (hanes heavyweight 50/50) They don't shrink a drop...

I bought 5 rolls from Autry , wasted money. Not only shrinkage but the florescent orange and green wimped to pink & baby puke on black shirts. I felt sorry for their sales lady - no wonder she's not making any money. She bit my face off when I wanted to sent it back. Needs a white backing ,  Siser next order

How would you press it if it had a white backing?

I have to say that i have used Hotmark for about 2 years and only had 1 or 2 small problems. I think its pretty good vinyl, but thats just my 2 cents. Now for eco i love that vinyl, soft hand and looks great.