Sign in to follow this  
matt

problem with cp2500- please help!

Hi there. I recently purchased a copcam cp2500 and I am not able to get it to work. I have a 2ghz intel core duo macbook running osx 10.4. I purchased the keyspan adapter and installed both the latest edition of signcut, the keyspan software and the FTDIUSBSerialDriver_v2_2_7 from the signcutter site. The cutter will power up, measure and do test cuts from the control panel, but it does not show up in signcut, nor does it appear to receive and cut documents sent from sign cut. I've set the device to cu.keyserial.1 and put the baud rate on 4800, but I don't get anything showing up in the information pane of the cutter settings window. Please, pretty, pretty please can someone help me out!

Please click on the cutter button in signcut, then let us know what you have there for your setup

Manufacterer

Cutter

Device - also pull down the device menu and list your other choices.

Hi Guys,

Thank you for your quick response. My settings under Cutter are as follows:

Manufactuer: Copam.

Cutter: CP-2500

Device: /dev/cu.KeySerial1

Baud:4800 P

arity: NON

Databits: 8 Stopbits: 1

Handshake: (RTS/CTS)

Blade Offset: 0

other device choices include:

/dev/cu.USA19H1d1P1.1

/dev/cu.Bluetooth-PDA-Sync

Write to file

Internal USB

TCP/IP

I've tried all of these and none of them will allow signcut to speak to the printer.

Holla,

Ignore my last post folks - I just changed the cutter settings and I got it to work. Yay! It appears that all I had to do was to check the RTS CTS DTR DSR boxes underneath the blade offset. I have no idea what these boxes mean - does anyone know? I just wanted to thank you for the quick reply to my last post - surely a sign of excellent customer service. The cutter works perfectly with my 2ghz core duo mac book and the keyspan adapter. this is an excellent product and I'll recommend it to others.

Similar problem. I have an old PC that I migrated from X2 to Signcut Pro. I needed to uncheck all the RTS CTS DSR and DTR boxes to get Pro to work on the PC. However, the PC is dying and I am hoping to get Signcut Pro to run from my Macbook Pro with OS Lion and eliminate the dying PC. However no combinations of the RTS CTS DSR and DTR boxes seem to work. I have the Keyspan installed (reinstalled many times now in hopes of if fixing the problem).

Every time I click cut button, the time elaspe box pops up but nothing happens. I then need to force quit the program. My settings are all the same as what is listed above, except I still have the Baude rate set to default of 9600. I've tried the 4800 as suggested above with no luck.

"Manufactuer: Copam.

Cutter: CP-2500

Device: /dev/cu.KeySerial1

Baud:9600

Parity: NON

Databits: 8 Stopbits: 1

Handshake: (RTS/CTS)

Blade Offset: 0"

Anyone out there using OSX Lion with the Copam 2500 that knows the correct configuration? Been at this for weeks, pretty over it!

Thanks