Sign in to follow this  
xmicro

Where can I get car 3d software

Hey all, I am not even sure of the proper terminology.  I need software that allows me to grab a particular area of a car so I can get the geometry to cut the shape properly.

I need a software that is VERY CURRENT and has the 2010 Camaro!

Thank You in Advance!

Vehicle outlines is what you are looking for, here is a good source and they allow you to purchase them one at a time. http://www.mr-clipart.com/int/cars.php

Of course you should always take actual field measurements because there are often different features or models that can cause the templates to be off slightly. Personally I prefer a digital pic for my layouts. I shoot the car straight on from the front, back and both sides then measure the wheelbase. I then import the pic into my design software and scale the picture up based on the wheelbase measurement. You can also work in 1:1 scale and if the wheelbase is 5' then in your design software scale the pic till it is 5". Once you have finished the design and had the customer aprove it you may either scale it up in your design software or in SignCut use our scale ratio feature to scale up and then cut.