Sign in to follow this  
BannerJohn

A word..please read

A few days ago I had to delete a post and ban a member for 3 days...reason..this member (it was his/her first post) absolutely went off on a member for asking a simple question, referring to the question as "idiotic".

Besides being RUDE as hell, it was totally uncalled for. The forums are here to help people no matter how green they are. and we will not tolerate behaviour like that..period. I apologize to the person whose post was called 'idiotic' and ask please do not judge US ALL or the forums by one jerk. In future,anyone who post like that will be banned..fast and surely. If you can't be nice,stay on the other forums where they tolerate rudeness and personal attacks, because we don't  tolerate it here.

We were all green newbees once and considering the lack of real instructions that come with the cutters..There are no stupid questions..Feel free to ask anything. You won't be treated badly and you won't be made fun of..and to the poster I had to ban...try me again and you're gone for good.

That's all I have to say,except..be nice!

• Like 1

Guest manwayvan

Thanks for keeping the streets clean. I can't stand to read a post where old heads lay into the newbies for not being at there level..We all crawled before we walked and some just take longer to learn. Lord knows it had taken me quite awhile to figure out the easy stuff

thanks john for that . i had to post a reply to a similar where it was getting personal and as i said in the reply

let me say that we all have to stick together as one on the unwritten rules that is this forum .

1.we give our own personal opinion without going on a personal attack of a poster

2. we ask for permission to use other peoples work from this forum and why

3. we all have differing reason we are in this industry -i.e -pleasure or to make a living from etc.

4. opinion are going to vary that what makes us unique.

5. share with openness to those who are trying to learn

6. we were all green at one point so don't judge (newbies)

PS. - on a personal note i see all people on this forum new or old able to share what they know and it a comfort to me.

What an idiotic post! Just kidding, John. I couldn't agree with you more. There is very little on the net that irriates me more than a cyber bully. I tend to always take the underdog's side when that happens - even if I don't agree with the underdog's position.

Charlie

John Thank you - that is the type of action that has been needed - the forum used to be fun for all.  Lately it has been all to common to have the attacks . . .not quite all out flame wars but all too much negativity.  In a word YOU are my hero!

John Thank you - that is the type of action that has been needed - the forum used to be fun for all.  Lately it has been all to common to have the attacks . . .not quite all out flame wars but all too much negativity.  In a word YOU are my hero!

Thanks for the kind words. Yes,there will always be people who feel that they are better than everyone else and are qualified to judge. My job,as a mod, is to stop personal attacks (which this was). Personal attacks are CLEARLY outlined in the forum rules as being against the rules.

I'm gonna lock this post now, point has been made.