Sign in to follow this  
mwilliams

Does the Copam Vinyl Cutter work for making rhinestone templates

Im doing some research into vinyl cutters. I would like to find out if the Copam vinyl cutter will work for Rhinestone Templates. Also what kind of software would need to be purchased for Rhinestones or what software is compatable with it.

The Copam definitely works for this purpose.  You don't need specialized software to make rhinestone templates (you can use any vector program), although there are several out there that can help speed up the design creation process.

Can you name some programs that will work with the Copam. Also is there some programs that are better for rhinestone designing than others and what are they. Thanks for the help!

You can use vector programs like Inkscape, Illustrator, and CorelDraw to create your designs with.  You would then cut the templates using cutting software you get with your cutter.  My preference of the three vector programs I listed is CorelDraw for creating your rhinestone designs.

I see, well right now I only have Illustrator. I wonder how much Coreldraw is. Might be worth just buying some other software. Where are some good places to get rhinestones from and all the other supplies that go along with making rhinestone templates?

As long as you have a cutter with the force of 250 , you can cut Rhinestone Templates. It will wear on your machine, but for the price that us cutter charges for there machines, which are great,, when you wear one out, purchase another,,

I keep template machines seperate from my other machines,, that way when i want a precise cut in vinyl, I know I will still get it,,

If you are looking for supplies to make templates, template material, stones, tranfers tape and such , I would be glad to help as well.

www.Rhinestonetemplates.com