Sign in to follow this  
russdabuss

Importing from WORD

Hello,

Is there a way to import into InkScape from MS Word?  Lets say I have some text in Word.  Can I save this in some form and import into InkScape?  What I have been doing now is people are typing what they want, then I retype it in InkScape. Only problem is the Font is not always the same or I need to go get the font and download. Would be great if there was a way to simply Copy and paste. I can not figure it out though!!  :thumbsup:

Thanks

Yep.  Open Inkscape.  Minimize.  Open Word. Type your text.  Select what you want to copy.  Ctrl + C to copy.  Minimize Word.  Maximize Inkscape.  Left Click on page.  Ctrl + V to paste.

I just tried, and it worked first attempt.

thanks - for some reason- did not work for me.  I copy it from word, then paste it into InkScape. Only way it shows up is if I hit the text button, then paste it.  Only problem is, the proper text from the word document does not show up. Is there anyway to save it from Word and paste it into InkScape and have it a path?  Then no need to download fonts.  Thanks for any help

Hmm.  I dunno.  I wonder why the paste won't work.  Did you make sure that both SignBlazer and Word were open when you did the copy? 

Not sure that a Word document can be imported.  I'll have to mess around with that one. 

Thanks again for replying. Did you mean InkScape instead of SignBlazer?  Both Word and InkScape were open.  I do use SignBlazer but would not think that would have to be open.

Thanks

Hello,

Is there a way to import into InkScape from MS Word?  Lets say I have some text in Word.  Can I save this in some form and import into InkScape?  What I have been doing now is people are typing what they want, then I retype it in InkScape. Only problem is the Font is not always the same or I need to go get the font and download. Would be great if there was a way to simply Copy and paste. I can not figure it out though!!  :thumbsup:

Thanks

Inkscape won't open or import WORD. If you are able to open the word file and have the correct font then you should have the same font in inkscape. Only way I know to "copy" to inkscape would be to take a screenshot of the word file then open that in inkscape and vectorize.

Thanks all.  Overall I do have the font. It is weird, in Word I can do bold but alot of the fonts in InkScape do not have BOLD feature.  I have been messing around with the Stroke Width some and seems to be working!! Learned another thing  :thumbsup:

Thanks