Sign in to follow this  
katherine

Unplugged PCut never recovers

A volunteer unplugged my cutter and now it won't work. Would anyone have a suggestion that I have not tried?

This is what happened: The cutter was working although it has always been a hassle to get the port to machine configured correctly. The volunteer computer guy at our non profit museum unplugged the Creation 630 USB cable from the back of my computer and now it won't work. But, the cutter will do a sample, little rectangle cut; and the Sign Blazer does show a USB Serial Port on the Settings.  

So far I have tried to address the issue doing the following:

-First I tried replugging the USB cable into the computer and restarting it

-Then Cold boot with everything off

-Checked red kill switch

-Been all through the noobie manual

- Remove and reinstall Sign Blazer

-Removed all USB cords from the computer and then plugged in the sign machine to see what port was assigned, then tried to cut with that setting

-Worked alternately through all the possible USB settings under Settings in SBE

-Moved cutter to new computer and installed SBE on a new computer

-Tested the USB cord with a working printer to see if it worked

-Moved USB cord around to different USB ports on computer

-Changed from a wireless keyboard and mouse to one that plugs into a different type of port

-Left 2 Support Tickets via email about the issue

This morning I resinstalled SBE after taking all the related stuff off the Registry

Nothing has worked. The cable works, the cutter works without the software, the software "sends" the cutter job to the cutter. But it won't cut.

I have called long distance and waited on hold at the Technology support for many minutes on 3 occasions, only to move from the 5th to the "second caller" and then having the message come on that the person is not available

All I want to know is if there is another brand of cutter I can buy that won't be so touchy, or if there is a place to send this one to be fixed. This has been an ongoing issue with this machine, but I can usually fix the settings somehow to get it to work.

I would really appreciate any more suggestions, I did everything that was suggested in the forum. We have a new exhibit that has no titles, and a lot of work here. Unfortunately I am not a sign person, nor can the museum afford to buy our vinyl signs each month for each new exhibit. I live in Sequim, WA and can take the machine to Woodinville, but as I am not able to talk to anyone at the company yet, I don't know if that would help, anyway. I don't think I can stay on hold anymore waiting for support. The Board of Trustees is getting a little aggravated I have put over 10 hours of work into trying to get the machine to start cutting.

Has anyone bought a cutter like this and had good luck with it? Mine works pretty well when it is running, although I can't use the weed setting as it puts a line through the letters.

Thank you.

Katherine

I don't think there is anything wrong with your cutter..I just think you need some help setting it back up again. I'm sorry you had to waste so much time with tech Support and never got to talk to anyone. Maybe you should try submitting a support ticket and wait for them to call you. Of course they don't work on Weekends ...Brandon has done it once though so you might get lucky.

Too bad you don't have serial connection. Stuff like this doesn't happen with Serial.

Guest crshirts

Something similar happened to me once found out it was just the baud setting.

Probably something simple first place I would check tho.

make sure port settings and cutter settings match.

Carl

Something similar happened to me once found out it was just the baud setting.

Probably something simple first place I would check tho.

make sure port settings and cutter settings match.

Carl

+1 :thumbsup: that the only thing that it sounds like it could be . it took a while for me to get the setting right on my creation machine too

pete

Set machine offline and press the mode key untill you see 19200 as buadrate setting.

Press + or - key untill the display shows 9600 and set SBE accordingly.

The new bie manual mentions to check for these settings in chapter 3.

Press the

Set machine offline and press the mode key until you see 19200 as buadrate setting.

Press + or - key until the display shows 9600 and set SBE accordingly.

The new bie manual mentions to check for these settings in chapter 3.

Press the

Guest crshirts

Mine is set to hardware. Look in device manager -hardware- and ports

none

Hardware

Which USB SERIAL COM port did the plotter cam up with in the hardware screen of windows when only othis cable was connected?

Which port did you set in SBE to be used?

It is all about communication for this problem.

Paco

Katherine I am sure I spoke with you on the phone a few times about this issue. If it is repeatedly occurring you will want to bring the machine in to us. Please email me at LeviH@uscutter.com so that we can get this taken care of.

You are calling long distance, but live close enough to "bring it in" to USCutter, Katherine? That would save alot of hassel for sure. If not- have 'em log in to your system and configure it for you.