Sign in to follow this  
haumana

I apologize

in advance for this is not a cutting related question.

I'm wondering if any of the Mac users here use Quicken for Mac. And if you do, does it have an invoice feature? I am a recent 'convert' but need to have the ability to invoice my clients. I have scoured the Quicken website and Google, but have not come up with any definitive answers. I am trying to avoid going to Quickbooks because it's simply too expensive for my little business.

Thanks for reading!

thankyou.gif

I am using Quicken Basic, it does not. However the advert said upgrade to Quicken Deluxe  or Quicken Business, they have invoicing.

I am suprized that the Quicken site didnt have the info, and demo downloads.

--  OK, I visited intuit, I did a site search for "invoice" and got:

How do I create or edit an estimate or invoice? (Quicken Home & Business)

Updated: 9/19/2009 | Article ID: 5095

* Create an estimate or invoice

1. Select the appropriate option:

o To create an estimate: Choose Business menu > Invoices and Estimates > Create Estimate.

o To create an invoice: Choose Business menu > Invoices and Estimates > Create Invoice.

2. In the Customer field, enter the name of the person or firm with whom you're dealing, or select the name in the list.

If you're entering a customer name for the first time, QuickFill memorizes the name. The next time you create an estimate or invoice for that customer, you can select it in the list.

3. In the Project/Job field, enter the project/job name, or select the name in the list. (Optional)

If you're entering a project/job for the first time, Quicken displays the New Project/Job dialog for you to complete.

The names of closed projects/jobs do not appear.

4. In the Layout list, select the layout you want to use. Quicken displays the layout you last used. You can also click Customize to go to the Forms Designer to create a new layout. You're given the option of saving your current invoice or estimate before opening the Forms Designer. This lets you create a new layout in the Forms Designer and then go back to your invoice or estimate and apply the new layout.

The Invoice and Estimate dialogs in which you create specific invoices or estimates are for data-entry purposes only. The dialogs will contain the same fields as your customized form layouts, but they may not accurately reflect the appearance of your customized form layouts. However, your form will appear correctly when you print or e-mail it.

5. In the Bill To field, enter the name and address.

If the customer name and address exist in Address Book, Quicken fills in the address for you.

6. If your form displays the Ship To field, enter the ship to name and address, or, with the cursor on the top line, press the ' (apostrophe) key to copy the information from the Bill To area. (Optional)

7. Quicken displays today's date, but you can change it using the pop-up calendar or by typing over it.

8. If your form displays the Due Date field, enter the expected date of payment. For example, if payment is due on receipt, enter today's date. The default due date is the invoice date plus 30 days, but you can change it.

If you want to enter a description of the due date terms, such as On Receipt, enter the text in the Customer Message field. Quicken prints the message in the lower-left corner of the estimate or invoice. Use print preview to see exactly where the message will appear.

9. If your form displays the P.O. Number field, enter the customer's purchase order number for tracking purposes. (Optional)

10. In the Item field, click the drop-down arrow to display a list of available invoice items. Select an item in the list. Quicken fills in the category, description, and rate or price based on what you specified when you created the item.

If the item you want isn't in the list or you don't yet have any items, enter a new name. Quicken asks if you want to add a new item. Click Yes, enter the information, and then click OK.

11. If you charge sales tax for this item, Quicken displays a T in the Taxable column. If you want to turn tax tracking off for this item, click in the Tax column. (Optional)

The first time you enter an item on an estimate or invoice, Quicken creates an account named *Sales Tax* to track the tax you charge your customers.

12. In the QTY field, enter the quantity of items you're selling.

Quicken automatically updates the value in the Amount column for you, based on the quantity multiplied by the rate.

13. In the Customer Message field, select a message in the list, or enter a new one. (Optional)

14. If this invoice contains any taxable items, enter a tax rate in the Tax field. The rate should be in the form xx.xx (for example 8.25, not .0825). The percent sign is not required.

15. At this point, you can either e-mail the estimate or invoice to your customer, or mail it. (Optional)

16. Click Save and New to record the transaction and open another form, or click Save and Done if you're finished entering invoices or estimates.

Notes

If you invoice a customer for the same items on a regular basis, you don't need to reenter the same information each time. Instead you can copy the original transaction to a new line in the invoices/receivables register and modify it as needed. Simply select the invoice transaction you want to copy, click Edit and select Copy Transaction. Then click a new line in the register, click Edit and select Copy Transaction, make any changes you want, and click Enter.

* Edit the information on an estimate

1. To open the Estimate List, choose Business menu > Business Lists > Estimate List.

2. In the Estimate List, select the one you want to change, and then on the toolbar, click Edit.

3. Make changes where necessary.

4. Click Save and Done.

* Edit the information on an invoice

1. Open the account where you track your invoices.

2. Select the transaction for the invoice you want to change, and click Form.

Quicken displays the Invoice dialog.

3. Make changes where necessary.

4. Click Save and Done.

Notes

* You can use the Forms Designer to include only the fields and columns you need in your estimates and invoices. You can also rename or resize the fields and columns, reposition the fields and your company logo, and display your company address.

* You can save time and effort on estimates and invoices by prefilling default due dates and customer contact information.

http://quicken.intuit.com/lp/qkn09/lp_ppc_dt_only.jsp?cid=ppc_g_b_all_stan_us_pfs+br_brnd+dwnld_quicken+download_e&priorityCode=4935400000&ven=g&kw=quicken+download&gclid=CK2nmo6Rop0CFYNg2godag6zqA

I actually use Appleworks database for invoicing, EH, its old but it works, for now.

Thanks Karl!

I suspected as much. Quicken only comes in one flavor for Mac. Unfortunately I need to have something that can do a little more than balance my checkbook, so I'll have to bite the bullet and step up and get Quickbooks (sigh). As if the CPU didn't cost me enough, now I need to outfit it with software I can't afford (sigh).

Does anyone know the best place to look for cheap Mac software? Is there such a thing? Hahahaha.

Thanks Karl!

I suspected as much. Quicken only comes in one flavor for Mac. Unfortunately I need to have something that can do a little more than balance my checkbook, so I'll have to bite the bullet and step up and get Quickbooks (sigh). As if the CPU didn't cost me enough, now I need to outfit it with software I can't afford (sigh).

Does anyone know the best place to look for cheap Mac software? Is there such a thing? Hahahaha.

welcome to the Mac world.. the software is what will get you.