Guest Triple2Graphix

Race car design's i am working on!

Guest Triple2Graphix

Just curious why you want to display my work in your store?

Guest Triple2Graphix

Sorry Carolina Sign Supply, i just came straight out and said it and didn't say why i said it like that. I have realized that a lot of people are copying my car templates and stuff for their own work and then claiming that they made them. I have no problem with it being printed out to be shown off or whatever.

I just can't stand it when someone copys my work and then said they done it themselves. The thing is, they don't even put effort into making what i made better nor giving me any respect for what i done. They just trace and claim. This has been going on for a few years now and now that i have my own cutter, i would really like for it to stop because i want to try to get my stuff out there and make a little money from doing it.

Not to mention, the ones that are doing it, they can't even draw and when you try to help them learn how to, they just don't give a crap because they have been tracing and stealing stuff for so long that they think they are doing the right thing.

Really sorry if you took my post to you the wrong way, i could have said it better than how i did. I just want to know what the intentions of it is.

K here goes my honest opinion. its ok. not bad not the greatest maybe i need to see the whole thing. no need to put the tiger on it cause i think that will just add too much to it.  I hate the font under the number.  Its unreadable and if i know that you are a sign person and i cant even read what you put on your own car why would i even think of letting you come up with something for mine? Just my 2 cents

Guest Triple2Graphix

Ok and what do you have against me? Even if you do, i feel like you do.

Atleast i am doing custom graphics and not just tracing images and throwing it together. Do a google search for "race car graphics", almost every thing you see is common basic stuff you can get on ebay auctions for a couple of dollars. I'm going to start ignoring the posts that make me feel like that.

If you don't like what i've done then oh well, don't post to it. I am tired of all the negative crap. I want to be able to go some where and make a post of my work and where it will be appreciated because of my efforts into it. Some people even get jealous cause they have been doing it for a while and still not that good, well i have been doing this for six years and i know i'm not the best but i am putting effort into my work and making it look the best it can on regular cut vinyl.

You hardly see any custom work on dirt race cars because most people don't care and just do basic lettering and numbers and tell them "there ya go" which isn't right and their only doing it for the money. I'm not doing it for the money, that's why my prices are so low, as long as i have the money for more vinyl, i don't care. I design things for the love of it, i sure don't sit here all day and slap half-assed stuff together.

If it is because i won't post a lot of my work, well that's because i know there are a lot of people that like the trace other peoples work and say it is their's and make money off it which is the wrong thing to do. If it doesn't effect my business and you want the design i done and i know you are one of the ones that puts effort into custom work and wants to learn, then i would probably send you a hi-def file of it.

man i think your work looks real good, if anything i would suggest making the no.s a smudge bigger and honestly i can't read the name under the number, maybe a different font, i do alot of local race cars and i would have been glad to have thought of that scheme, congrats and keep it up

Ok and what do you have against me? Even if you do, i feel like you do.

Atleast i am doing custom graphics and not just tracing images and throwing it together. Do a google search for "race car graphics", almost every thing you see is common basic stuff you can get on ebay auctions for a couple of dollars. I'm going to start ignoring the posts that make me feel like that.

If you don't like what i've done then oh well, don't post to it. I am tired of all the negative crap. I want to be able to go some where and make a post of my work and where it will be appreciated because of my efforts into it. Some people even get jealous cause they have been doing it for a while and still not that good, well i have been doing this for six years and i know i'm not the best but i am putting effort into my work and making it look the best it can on regular cut vinyl.

You hardly see any custom work on dirt race cars because most people don't care and just do basic lettering and numbers and tell them "there ya go" which isn't right and their only doing it for the money. I'm not doing it for the money, that's why my prices are so low, as long as i have the money for more vinyl, i don't care. I design things for the love of it, i sure don't sit here all day and slap half-assed stuff together.

If it is because i won't post a lot of my work, well that's because i know there are a lot of people that like the trace other peoples work and say it is their's and make money off it which is the wrong thing to do. If it doesn't effect my business and you want the design i done and i know you are one of the ones that puts effort into custom work and wants to learn, then i would probably send you a hi-def file of it.

Listen bro i could give 2 craps about stealing your "designs".  I was just giving my honest opinion of what i thought. If you are going to get butt hurt over what someone has to say about a design maybe YOU shouldnt post it. If there is anything i hold against you its your pricing, the way you think drives people who do this for a living insane. Time is $ and hopefully you get that sooner rather than later. As ive heard from other people plenty of times "profit is NOT a dirty word!" and "you can always lower your prices but its very hard to raise them."  I think im just biased towards racers in general due to the ones in my area seem to want it all for nothing and if they dont like the prices they think they can just buy a cutter and do it themselves. 

Guest Triple2Graphix

I could care less how bad it hurts your feelings because i am charging a low price. I am tired of saying it over and over again and here it is one more time for you. I am doing it for the love of it and want to see my work out there, i could care less. I can go even lower on the prices if you would like and only charge for the price of vinyl on all sales.

Your in Illinois, i'm in East Kentucky, my stuff isn't going to effect your stuff so get off my back about what i am doing.

The one thing i can't stand the most is a money hungry a-hole! My ex wife and her family was so money hungry that the retard left me and both of our kids for money. Only if there was an ignore option on the message boards, my ignore box would be full!

If you don't like it, then don't post to it. I'm not on here downing you on your threads or anyone else. I even offered to help a few of the not so talented to get them into drawing custom stuff which they said it was alright and that they didnt want the help, so oh well.

:thumbsup:

I could care less how bad it hurts your feelings because i am charging a low price. I am tired of saying it over and over again and here it is one more time for you. I am doing it for the love of it and want to see my work out there, i could care less. I can go even lower on the prices if you would like and only charge for the price of vinyl on all sales.

Your in Illinois, i'm in East Kentucky, my stuff isn't going to effect your stuff so get off my back about what i am doing.

The one thing i can't stand the most is a money hungry a-hole! My ex wife and her family was so money hungry that the retard left me and both of our kids for money. Only if there was an ignore option on the message boards, my ignore box would be full!

If you don't like it, then don't post to it. I'm not on here downing you on your threads or anyone else. I even offered to help a few of the not so talented to get them into drawing custom stuff which they said it was alright and that they didnt want the help, so oh well.

:thumbsup:

Dont worry its not my feelings that you are hurting its this business that "we" all do that you are hurting. No where did i say i was money hungry just that you should charge at least a competitive price.  No where did i down your threads just as you have offered to help some of the "not so talented" in their drawing im helping the "not so talented" in their layout. The object of this board is to help people out and offer up suggestions to make everyone better which is all i was doing.

ok boys this is going to be a long one but please bear with me

this is a post i read with a bit of interest and surprise as well. now come on boy lets look at this in a sensible way please. ok now I am new to actually posting in this forum but I have however been following for a while on the quiet to see what type of forum this was i.e- supportive or not supportive, and generally it is supportive. having said that here is my opinion on this post.

K here goes my honest opinion. its Ok. not bad not the greatest maybe i need to see the whole thing. no need to put the tiger on it cause i think that will just add too much to it.  I hate the font under the number.  Its unreadable and if i know that you are a sign person and i cant even read what you put on your own car why would i even think of letting you come up with something for mine? Just my 2 cents

1. for fat dad you did have a valid a point with the font part of your post about being unreadable but in saying that it is an original  design of work for the race community so it may need to have some different tweaks done to it but having said that

Atleast i am doing custom graphics and not just tracing images and throwing it together. Do a google search for "race car graphics", almost every thing you see is common basic stuff you can get on ebay auctions for a couple of dollars.

i'm not the best but i am putting effort into my work and making it look the best it can on regular cut vinyl.

You hardly see any custom work on dirt race cars because most people don't care and just do basic lettering and numbers and tell them "there ya go" which isn't right .  ( par-phrased from original by vinyl tree )

its - personal choice on what people place on there vehicles.

2. for  Triple2Graphix keep an open mind to suggestions- maybe look at a font change but in a style that is still you  and show off your creative side . but don't be deterred from coming up with new works. because you and everyone else on this forum have a unique talent for what you do. 

now for the pricing issue that you both brought up through out this post

its my opinion that we all have our reasons and motivations to price and charge the way we do . but that doesn't take anything away from the person that does it for a living(fat dad) or for the love of it (Triple2Graphix) especially if it states away. it the low life that charges heaps or not enough and gives sh@t work that he or she has seen on this forum and pass it off as there own (copyright bastards)  . they are the type of person that we have to worry about, because they give us all a bad name. not each other state or countries away .

In finishing this post let me say that we all have to stick together as one on the unwritten rules that is this forum .

1.we give our own personal opinion without going on a personal attack of a poster

2. we ask for permission to use other peoples work from this forum and why

3. we all have differing reason we are in this industry -i.e -pleasure or to make a living from etc.

4. opinion are going to vary that what makes us unique.

5. share with openness to those who are trying to learn

PS. - on a personal note i see all people on this forum new or old able to share what they know and it a comfort to me.

as-well to know that there is so people that are open is wonderful as its a dog eat dog world where we all get trodden on at some point

this post might bring me under fire but its only my opinion. so if you have a reply i'd love to hear your thoughts or opinion . just as I've shared my

pete   

Guest manwayvan

Great Job Triple..You ever race over at Isom?

More great work Triple2Graphics!

I haven't been able to be on much but come and read when I can. I can see both yours and FatDads sides here. I do have to admit I haven't seen any comments from Rodger or bannerjohn yet.

Guest Triple2Graphix

Great Job Triple..You ever race over at Isom?

I go to Isom to watch every now and then, i dont think i will ever take my car up there though.

Thanks for the comments!  :thumbsup:

I'm gonna agree with FatDad, the design isn't all that great. Many late model, modified and sprints are running designs that look like someone took their time and hired a designer. Your choice of typeface on the numbers, name below are not going to be read easily from the stands, unless your stopped by the fence.

This is a forum and you posted your designs to show them off and get comments, well comments came and you don't like them so you go off on people. If you don't want people to comment on your work, don't post it.

To be honest, i'm not sure who would want to steal your "designs",

Here some of my wifes uncles cars, to me this is something that would take a lot of time and have some design skills to it.

061.jpg

Guest Triple2Graphix

For one, you can find those side and hood graphics on practically any design cd and those are basic graphics. I have been around way to long to know what is basic and what is custom. Atleast what i am doing isn't coming from cd's or someone else's work. That number 71, it just doesn't look right, sorry to break that to you. The Rocket Logo you used looks like the same Rocket Logos that a couple of painters from the Nascar Heat Latemodels done, i have those same logos on a cd some where from when i first started in sim racing graphics.

I know for a fact that i have that same hood design somewhere from four years ago.

I'm done here for now and i'm going to ignore all the negative b/s.