whitecastle

MH-721 up and running on my Macbook Pro - here's how.

makes sense. I also have a mac and illustrator cs4 and hope that I can figure out how to correctly move the file to a sign cut program and actually be able to get the outlines.

I am having trouble locating the software. The only links on the Support site are for the Windows software. I cannot locate a place to download the Mac software. The mini-disc that was in the accessories box will not mount on any of the four Macs and two Windows machines I have tried. Does anyone know of a way to download the Mac Signcut Pro or SignBlazer software?

Are you running lion because I need the lion version. How do you get us cutter to ship the serial for that instead of the normal version for snow leopard?

Buy an older $60 PC laptop with serial port and move on with your life.

Can't figure out how to get sign cutter bundle. Just got my 721 and am going over the process using my MacBook Pro. Seems I have some files and drivers that apply to windows platform. They won't help unless they are universal drivers for both Mac and Windows. Any help is desired. I would like to be able to test this cutter out today. Thanks, Kevin aka Cowboy… Address is Cowboy0001@aol.com

If this is a newly purchased Refine 721 Mk2,  It is not Mac compatible.  It states that on the Uscutter website and Ebay ads.   Only the older version of the Refine MH series was Mac compatible.   You will have to put it on a Windows program. 

USCutter MH Series Vinyl Cutter w/ Sure Cuts A Lot Pro Design & Cut Software

The MH Series Vinyl Cutter is available in 14", 28", 34", and 50" sizes. Cutter not Compatible with Mac.

23 minutes ago, jeannemritz said:

Will this same method work with Sir Cuts A Lot?

think you mean SURE cuts  a lot - you might be waiting for an answer a long time as this thread was last answered over 5 years ago

your other threads are getting responded to - the new threads tend to get answered quickly - the people from 5 years ago might not be around anymore or monitoring this thread.  the old timers read all threads and how I found it

There are very few Mac users on this forum.    Matter of fact, many of us old timers stay back on older Windows systems like XP. as you don't need a new fancy computer to run a vinyl cutter.   I still run on XP.  

Also the older MH cutters were Mac compatible, Not the newer MH cutters.   Older threads may show it working on a Mac. 

1 hour ago, jeannemritz said:

I see that, however lots of us Mac users out here today too

And those Mac users don't buy an MH cutter, because it states it is not Mac compatible for an MH cutter.  unless your running it on Windows side.

I was given a copy of Sure Cuts Alot from UScutter to try out.  I hated it.  It is more like a crafting software, then a professional design software. It also comes in different versions at different prices.    You can download a FREE trial of it right on UScutter website Or   Craftedge.com

• Like 1