Sign in to follow this  
cox signs

tiling in sign blazer

please bear with me this is all new to me, i am about to cut a large graphic for my enclosed trailer it is roughly 65 in tall and 244 in long i have it all layed ouy and it is tiled into 12 tiles i am using 24 in cutter and 24 in vinyl so my ? is will this cut in one piece just be long and then i cut it apart after i weed it and line up the different tiles as i apply it to the trailer ? i hope this makes sense thanks in advance

You have the basic concept. SignBlazer will split it into peices for you by using the setup in the cutter screen. If you set you vinyl size, SignBlazer will automatically create tiles. You can make them as long or short as you feel comfortable installing and leave a little overlap too.

Jay

one more thing real quick since im using 24in vinyl should i set that at 24 or should i back it down a little to like 23.5?

I think for overlap .1 to .25 and I usually put my vinyl at 23 to 23.5 to make up for some drift in the cutter. Especially if you are doing long cuts. I usually don't like to do cuts more than about 60 inches long because of the drift. It depends on the cutter you have. I only have a PCut.

thanks for the help man i will set mine at 23 and 60 with .25 on the overlap i only have the mh 721 gutter dont want any drift problems thanks again man

yeah im getting it fiqured out ought be fun to put on your right there well atleast it is my own trailer so if i mess it up no big deal

You should post up some pics when your done.  I would definitely like see it. Sounds like a fun one! :thumbsup:

I am going to be trying a tile tomorrow, but not as big.

yeah will get some pics up soon going to cut it tomorow probally get it on there this weekend i got a proof of it i will try to post it if i can fiqure out how

post-6213-12986544826732_thumb.jpg

post-6213-12986544837602_thumb.jpg