Tsar72

Please help!!! I can't get my 24" Pcut to online status...

I am wanting to check the baud rate setting for the cutter, since I cannot get the computer to communicate with the plotter.  Neither of the red buttons are pushed in.  In fact, if I push either of the buttons, nothing happens.  The status window of the cutter displays:

Ver4.23

It will not continue to online status.

Any and all help would be useful!!!  Also, is there some kind of E-book for Sign Blazer Elements??? (If I have convinces myself that I am somewhat knowledgable in CS3 and autocad,  I pray to the Cutting Gods that SignBlazer is not going to be too painful.)  ;))

It could be locked up...make sure the carriage is not pressing either of the red buttons, and that the buttons are not stuck in. It could also be a loose connection on the motherboard, you could open the bottom of the cutter and investigate, the motherboard should be on the right side of the bottom of the cutter, and it will not affect the warranty.

I checked the bottom and everything is glued in place.  However, the plotter is now on-line??? Very strange??? 

It even plots to a degree...Except for when it starts twirling the vinyl due to not enough pressure applied where the cutter and vinyl coming into contact.  Any quick fix for this???  I know that these are extremely rudimentary questions...but is there a beginner section somewhere???

silly question...I assume your pinch rollers are in the DOWN position? If they are.adjust the pressure. I don't have a p-cut here but there should be an adjustment of some kind.

BannerJohn,

There are absolutely no silly questions to me.  I am an absolute Newbie to the cutter world.  The pinchers are down, but I have no idea how to adjust them.  One seems to have much more friction than the other and they are spaced evenyly with the vinyl. 

I really appreciate the fact that you took the time to help.

are any of your pinch rollers down on the center on the roller? in the very center you can't place a pinch rooler there, that spot does not turn with the roller.

It is possible by opening the cutter to check the motherboard, you may have bumped something to cause a better connection....I have heard of this before. Not sure. As tservice stated, make sure one of the pinch rollers is not in the middle of the cutter, which would mean it is not making contact with the feed roller.