Sign in to follow this  
gr203

quick program question

Hi I'm looking at getting this set-up

http://www.uscutterdirect.com/USCutter-MH-series-Vinyl-Cutter-_p_25.html

It says included is SignBlazer Elements (Permanent Trial), and SignCut Productivity Pro (1-year license).

Will this be all I need for my macbook version OS X 10.5.5 to work?

Or will I need to upgrade to the Flexistarter for mac for $90.00 more?

Thanks.

yeah, i got the us cutter mh 871 last week, i run gimp save it as a jpeg, open it in inkscape and trace the bitmap and save it as a .eps, then put it in sign cut and cut it out. havent had any problems

English please!!!!  I dont know if you can help me or not, but I just got a new IMac,  my pc died.  :D  Ok, my problem is that I had sign blazer elements on my PC that I was using for my Refine MH 721 from US Cutter. I would like to use my new MAC to do my projects, I am really just doing simple stuff, and want to keep it that way.  Can you give me any guidance?

Thanks,

rntwined

Hi I'm looking at getting this set-up

It says included is SignBlazer Elements (Permanent Trial),

Or will I need to upgrade to the Flexistarter for mac for $90.00 more?

I dont think signblazer for mac is available anymore, if it is (let me know where) try it first - see if it does what you want.

Flexi starter is loved by some & hated by others, it has some drawing features that dont mean much, and has been giving me fits by cutting errantly.

SignCutPro is about the same price as flexi jr, has not drawing features, but claims to be very proficient in cutting = use dedicated drawing program to sent graphics to signcut.  I dont have it, but am getting the trial to test out.

Two problems: one; cutting software for Mac is extremely sparse. two; cheap cutters like the PCUT require better programming in the cut software.

(and flexi Pro is about $2000, way out of my budget.)

When you purchased the cutter you were sent an email with a 1year free trial for sign cut pro. If you don't have that email, you can try to contact UScutters. They have been great with my questions and quick responses. I'm sure they'll help you out.  SC also has Plug ins, if you're using Illustrator, so you can send your design straight to sign cut. If you have a problem with using the USB as I did for the Mac, there's an entry on here with a good link for a driver to support that.