SimplyImagine

Getting an error-Can not open output device. Error initializing cutter

I have Sign Blazer Element 6.0 with a PCut 630.  Yesterday I was able to cutter just fine.  I just went to cut out simple lettering and I recieved an error 

saying "Can not open output device.  Error initializing cutter".  Can someone help me figure this out.  I just started this last week and I am getting very fustrated. Thank you

Check your settings. The creation has been known to change settings from time to time. It happened to my brother once.

This error means that SignBlazer can't open a connection to the cutter.

Things to check:

1) Unplug and then re-plug the usb cable, make sure it is secure at each end.

2) Check what COM port SignBlazer is set to and make sure that this matches the COM port for the cutter.

3) Double check all the setting here: http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?topic=1602.0

I'm having same error.  It's always been plugged into same port.  The usb ports work cause I can charge phone & open flash drive.

The laptop I use for this is not connected to internet.  Can I download driver onto my other computer, then transfer through a flash drive?

I was in middle of a customer order & need to get it fixed asap.

Check your Device Manager in Windows and see if Windows has assigned your cutter a different port number.

Go into the computer device manager and make sure the com ports numbers still match there and in Signblazer set up.  Maybe your usb cable has a broken wire, Have you tried a different cable? 

I've tried 3 different cables in all 4 ports, restarting everything in between.  It's an older laptop, not even sure if its xp or 7.  Have had cutter about 12yrs.  Never had a problem till now.

5 minutes ago, Buffy320 said:

I've tried 3 different cables in all 4 ports, restarting everything in between.  It's an older laptop, not even sure if its xp or 7.  Have had cutter about 12yrs.  Never had a problem till now.

Did you Go into the computer device manager and make sure the com ports number still matches there and in Signblazer set up?  Those numbers have to match.

30 minutes ago, haumana said:

Check your Device Manager in Windows and see if Windows has assigned your cutter a different port number.

Again, Device Manager, and what Port Windows has assigned to your cutter, since it sounds like you plug and unplug things on a regular basis. Then make sure the COM port number in SBE matches. Once you get it working, I'd recommend not unplugging your cutter from the laptop if you can help it.

It took awhile to find device manager, cause its windows 2003.  Still not sure what I'm doing when it comes to the technical part of this.  Its restarting now.

The way my set up is I would unplug cutter from computer when not in use because it stretched across, didnt want anyone bumping something into cord to cause damage.  But I only used the same port for cutter.  I only plugged in other devices to see if port was working when error occurred.  If I get this fixed, I'll be moving things around to keep cutter plugged in all the time.

Same error.

Everything matches for port (1st pic)

My machine (2nd pic)

What's listed in program setup (3rd pic)

I'm at a loss now!

inbound4660025593710121714.jpg

inbound2787483548910752939.jpg

inbound2055274171336766313.jpg

Your showing Com #5 Properties in the 1st picture. (right side)  You can only use com  numbers 1-4.  Com port numbers higher than 4 will not work.     Your not showing what Com port number that  is in your computer device manager.  You must look at the computer device manager port number and then match the Signblazer to that com port number. If it is over # 4 then you must change it to a number between 1-4  Click properties and change it to a number between 1-4.  Go to Signblazer and use the same number in set up. 

In that last screen shot, we need to see what is selected in the Output Device drop down menu, that is where you select the connection point to the cutter. As they said above, change the port in your device manager to something under 4 then select it in the Output Device menu in SB.