Sign in to follow this  
Guest sciondrgn

Graphtech CE5000-60 Questions

Guest sciondrgn

Ok got the cutter in and setup.. Setup Flexi to work and did the test cut along with sending a test cut from Flexi and all is well and cuts like a DREAM..  But I have some questions as I am still learning the machine.

I read over some posts but didnt see anything specific to my questions so here it goes.

Cutting Strip - I saw a post where folks asked if the cutting strip was included.. After setting mine up I do not see a cutting strip nor anywhere to put one.. The part the blade sits over is metal and there is no channel that I can see to put a strip in.. Maybe graphtec changed this and did away with it?  Can someone post a pic upclose so I can see what it looks like?

Settings - I set the condition to 2 for the 09U blade that it is included and I understand how to change the values, What about offset, It is currently set to 0 and i got pretty good cuts, What is everyone else running.. Also For Speed and Pressure I will get the hang of.. The Condition 2 preset was to fast for my liking but it cut nicely.. What about pressure is there any need to change this?

Moving the carriage/vinyl.. I loaded a roll of white vinyl in and selected Roll1 and it did its magic and set it up to cut but now lets say I want to move the vinyl or carrige. If I press the Pause button then use the arrows the vinyl slowly moves and then picks up speed but the carriage when pressing left or right just steps slowly.. Is there a way to speed this up or is this normal..  I'm also assuming Roll2 is so you can just your own origin point.

I think that is all I have for now :thumbsup: Time to go play

On my Graphtech its a black strip and isn't really something you would know is removable since it blends in.

I think my offset was set ok when I got it, but its been a while.  Pressure has to be adjusted for different types of materials. 

Ok got the cutter in and setup.. Setup Flexi to work and did the test cut along with sending a test cut from Flexi and all is well and cuts like a DREAM..  But I have some questions as I am still learning the machine.

I read over some posts but didnt see anything specific to my questions so here it goes.

Cutting Strip - I saw a post where folks asked if the cutting strip was included.. After setting mine up I do not see a cutting strip nor anywhere to put one.. The part the blade sits over is metal and there is no channel that I can see to put a strip in.. Maybe graphtec changed this and did away with it?  Can someone post a pic upclose so I can see what it looks like?

Settings - I set the condition to 2 for the 09U blade that it is included and I understand how to change the values, What about offset, It is currently set to 0 and i got pretty good cuts, What is everyone else running.. Also For Speed and Pressure I will get the hang of.. The Condition 2 preset was to fast for my liking but it cut nicely.. What about pressure is there any need to change this?

Moving the carriage/vinyl.. I loaded a roll of white vinyl in and selected Roll1 and it did its magic and set it up to cut but now lets say I want to move the vinyl or carrige. If I press the Pause button then use the arrows the vinyl slowly moves and then picks up speed but the carriage when pressing left or right just steps slowly.. Is there a way to speed this up or is this normal..   I'm also assuming Roll2 is so you can just your own origin point.

I think that is all I have for now :thumbsup: Time to go play

on my Graphtec ROLL 2 is for, if you put the rollers on the front of the machine, instead of the back,  Then the vinyl will roll the opposite way.  

offset is 0

I use the Graphtec cuttting control for my speed and force

Guest sciondrgn

Speed, Im using Roll2 now and it follows in line with what the manual says,

Roll 1 Measures the vinyl then goes to the top most part of the vinyl.. Roll 2  measures and then allows you to set your own origin.. The vinyl does not go the other way on mine..  might be differences in models.

So far Ive got about 28 t shirt transfers and everyone came out perfect.. Im using condition 2 but just slowed it down a bit

I cut oracal 651 and Eco Film on the same settings and didnt have to change anything

I must say those this cutter works like a dream.. Things are so much easier to cut than with my pcut  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ;D ;D :D

Well that could be right with roll 2  Mine is a FC7000mk-75  the rollers could have been put on the front on this model..  

I use Flexi starter8.5 and run on Condtion 9  and use the Graphtec cutter plotter for speed and force.   I love mine,  never a problem in a year and a half

Also I do know how you feel about the yellow jackets,  I didn't get 14  but got 8 stings all on 1 leg.  ,, I was mowing also,  disturbed a log.  OUCH,  I was running and dancing in the house. 

Guest fivestar

Yup my ROLL 2 also just measures the width.  I knew you'd love it.  They cut soooooo much better then pcuts and refines.

Guest sciondrgn

Yup my ROLL 2 also just measures the width.  I knew you'd love it.  They cut soooooo much better then pcuts and refines.

Its so weird seeing how small it is compared to my pcut but it runs like a champ.. I cant believe how fast it is..  What kind of speeds do you normally run for vinyl and for heat press?

I only run mine at about 3-5 depending on the length of my decals,  I usually do 20" wide by 9ft length fullside vehicle graphics.  And alot are very detailed, 

Guest sciondrgn

I was doing some cuts for t-shirts 13x13 mostly text and did 12 of them in one go, The vinyl never even moved. It tracked nicely

Guest sciondrgn

I know from what I experienced tonight, Roll1  Measures Width then moves top the top of the vinyl.. Roll2 Measured width but then allowed me to move the carriage anywhere I wanted and press origin and it started from that point instead of moving back to the top.

I have mine running again,  I am guessing it was a driver issue.  I un installed Sign Blazer and re installed it.  I had to do it several times and I finally got it to cut.  It still seems something is not right from the first time I installed everything.

It still seems  like its lagging or something weird.  I called tech support and they weren't much help and to be honest I could only understand one out of four words he was saying.

I need to get coral the right one this time and use cutting master I guess.  I love sign blazer and hate to switch...  didn't mean to high-jack your thread.  Do you still need a close up photo of the cutter strip?

Guest sciondrgn

Naw should be ok I looked closer and realized that strip wasnt metal but kind a shiny rubber strip.. Its just alot wider and not what I was used to looking at :thumbsup:

I typically run my pressure at 14, and speed at 15, and have it set on Roll1.

I thought someone said there was a setting or way to where the cutter didn't measure anything automatically?

Not sure how your Graphtec is, mine is  FC7000mk2-75  ,  but in my background settings,  I can disable the media (measuring width).. and the pinch rollers sensors

Guest fivestar

Yes you can disable the measuring.  It's in the menu (I can't remember where) but once you get used to it being on, you kind of miss it when you turn it off.  I run most of my stuff at 30 speed and pressure at 16 for sign vinyl and 20 for t-shirt vinyl.

Guest fivestar

LOL..........Tim run it at 60 and watch 'er zoom.

Guest sciondrgn

I know by default it was set to 40 and I thought it was going to knock it off the stand LOL

:thumbsup: