Sign in to follow this  
Cliffy

New Imac and Laserpoint 24 Does not work

Okay, I have been searching for hours trying to find out why my cutter will not cut.  Installed a million things, changed every setting, doesn't make a peep when I try to cut.

Signcut is what I am trying to use.

I have 10.5.8

Hooked up with USB connection.

What do I have to do to install this so I can cut? :thumbsup:

No error messages. I tried installing the Keyspan driver thing, no luck.

Cutter doesn't do anything, signcut acts like it is working but the cutter doesn't flinch.

Hi, 1st post here.

I had an older Powerbook w/ SignCut for OS 10.4., with Keyspan...finally got it working great. Then my comp crapped out, and I upgraded to a new Imac. With it came OS 10.5 something....and I had to download the new version (Sign Cut Pro) for 10.5. Well, it all downloaded fine and looked like I could import and such, but I was never able to communicate w/ the cutter. I emailed their support staff, and now when I open the program, I get a message that it's running in TEST MODE! I go under help to insert what the support staff tells me is my serial #, and when I click "next", it doesn't do anything. Anyone have this issues or has been been able to get past this?

Getting an answer from the support staff takes a few days (Sweden I think), and is usually not very useful at all.

Any idea what the "internet proxy" is all about? Those fields are black when I click it, but I have internet running, so I think I'm fine.

Any help would seriously kick butt.

Thanks

Actually our support techs are in several differnet companies and we have 3 here in the USA. I do not see a ticket specifically from you that descibes the issue you have related but my guess is you may have a validation issue with a power pc. Drop me a personal email to kimon@signcutusa.com and I will either complie a build specificaly for your machine or will set up a remote session to get you up and running.

The most common problem with WEB Support is a lack of accurate information so please be sure to supply all the details:

Your License number

Operating System Version

Type of Mac

Open SIgncuit Click Help then about Signcut and give us your buil or subrevision number

Then click the cutter button and tell us the Manufacturer, Cutter, Output device, and baud rate settings.

I replied to your email but now also notice you may have an incorrect plotter setting as well, be sure you are using the Manufacturer US Cutter, and select Laserpoint 24 for the model, the output device you should use is dev/cu/keyspan... or dev/cu/USA... I believe you currently have it set as dev/cu/bluetooth which is to sync a mobile phone.

I also sent you a link for a build made specifically for your chipset.

Please let me know if we can assist you further.

Hi Kimon, I got your email. Thank you :thumbsup:

I tried to use the link you provided me with, but that came up with an error page. ;D

I emailed you again.

As for the device selected, that is the only dev/...from the 3 options it gives me, another :)

thanks

Email replied to and link corrected sorry for the typo in the link. As far as dev/cu you need to be sure your keyspan drivers are installed, if not then the computer will not see the device. If you have the drivers installed for the keyspan does the keyspan light up? is is connected properly?