Connection of fan wire to power supply was not secure. Made sure it was secure, and now the fan is working as it should. Going to run some tests now to make sure it cuts as it should, and then it should be ready to go.

;)

What was up with the new motherboard having one less item to plug in than the old one had. and why would it do absolutely nothing when I turned it on. Kinda hard to think I fixed it when nothing happens upon turning it on. Thanks for the update.

I made sure the connections were secure when I opened the unit to check the fan. It did power right up and communicate before I opened it though. The missing plug is for the Serial connection which Creation has not sent us yet for replacements. It can be used with the USB while we wait for Creation to get us some replacement boards with the Serial connection plug.

Ken...am I understanding you to say that the unit worked fine for you,and the only thing wrong was a lose connection to the fan?

Ken...am I understanding you to say that the unit worked fine for you,and the only thing wrong was a lose connection to the fan?

From what I found, yes. Right out of the box, I plugged it in, turned it on and it came up to Online. I then plugged in the USB cable and the computer found the driver and assigned COM8 to the connection. I ran a test cut, and it communicated as it should. Seemed fine, but I did not hear the fan running, so I had to open the unit and find out why. It was just a loose wire for the fan connection to the power supply. Put everything back together and ran several test cuts, and all worked well.

:huh:

So if I understand you corectly the problem still lies in the communication with my computer.  The carrage that didn't go up and down should have worked in a stand alone mode without even having the computer hooked to the cutter and obviously it did not. So I'll wait to se if it works when it rearrives or you'll be hearing from me as to how I need to get the communications straightened out. Thanks for responding and hopefully this time things will go smoothly.  The computer I'll be using clean so I will be reloading the programs and starting over from scratch.  Did it work with the originally supplied usb cable?

From what I found, yes. Right out of the box, I plugged it in, turned it on and it came up to Online. I then plugged in the USB cable and the computer found the driver and assigned COM8 to the connection. I ran a test cut, and it communicated as it should. Seemed fine, but I did not hear the fan running, so I had to open the unit and find out why. It was just a loose wire for the fan connection to the power supply. Put everything back together and ran several test cuts, and all worked well.

So,in the REFINE,should I hear a fan running? I never have. I'll admit I'm hearing impaired and totally deaf in one ear but you would think if there is a fan running,I would hear it. Not complaining.I"ve not had any problems.Just wondering.

So if I understand you corectly the problem still lies in the communication with my computer.  The carrage that didn't go up and down should have worked in a stand alone mode without even having the computer hooked to the cutter and obviously it did not. So I'll wait to se if it works when it rearrives or you'll be hearing from me as to how I need to get the communications straightened out. Thanks for responding and hopefully this time things will go smoothly.  The computer I'll be using clean so I will be reloading the programs and starting over from scratch.  Did it work with the originally supplied usb cable?

No, I used my extended USB cable so it could reach my desktop computer. My laptop died recently or I would have used the original USB cable.

I did the same thing, then discovered that the CP1200 was set to 19200 baud and so I changed the software to that also and it works.

How long is the USB connection with the cable and extension cable.  USB cables tend to stop working after 15, and if the device or PC isn't great they don't like cords even that long.  It worries me when you said an "extension cord".  Maybe buy a POWERED USB hub and put it at the break of the cords.

Attention Ken!!!!  Today I received the cutter back. I unpacked it, loaded the software, registered, and attempted to cut some simple task.  Whoa  it worked!!  I have got some ways to go understanding this software and the parameters etc ( Dr. Sticka was so simple) but I thought you would appreciate knowing that  I am up and (so far) running.  I can't believe nothing on my end changed and nothing was done to this machine and now it is fine but I am happy and thought I would send you a note thanking you for the time and effort you afforded me. I'll be back I'm sure with some questions but everything is ok. Thanks again. Kevin

Glad to hear. There was certainly something wrong with the unit, the fan was not working.......but other than that, all seemed fine.