DeonCarpenter

How to open Sign Blazer faster! How to avoid the Sign Blazer update!

Save a blank Sign Blazer file to your desktop. Rename that file to SignBlazer and delete the factory desktop shortcut.

When you open the file you will avoid that annoying failed update.  SB will be up and running in less than five seconds.

If you don't know how to save to your desktop simply save the file in the C:SBD files and then drag it to your desktop.  (Substitute your drive letter for the "C" if needed.)

A better way is to change the target path of the icon shortcut from

"C:Program FilesCutting TechnologiesSignBlazer Elementssb.exe"

TO

"C:Program FilesCutting TechnologiesSignBlazer Elementssbnt.exe"

Jay

Right click on the shortcut and select Properties. Change the target to point to SBNT.exe instead of SB.exe. Do this to all icons that you use to start SignBlazer, even in Start + All Programs. Here is a video.

http://screencast.com/t/fysGHnOJx

i have 6.0.21  It doesn't work for me.  I don't see it as a big deal - just thought I'd try it.. :-

Yes, I am running 6.0.21. Not sure why it isn't working for you.

Jay

I am not having the reg screen, but I am having the trial version screen pop up even when I go to import

Peggy

Jay I was trying to make it simple so everyone could understand it.

For the more experienced I would recommend:

http://216.71.75.104/ags/SBE_update_plus_patch.zip

This patch will even get rid of the Trial Version button.

I did not make the download file so use it at your own risk.

Your Anti-virus will tell you there is a virus but I have checked it several time an in my opinion it is safe. A patch is a type of worm so your anti-virus is not completely wrong.  

DeonCarpenter,

I have been dealing with this nag junk ever since I bought my new computer in the spring. My count screen was up to nearly 100.  I have been away cooking for a cattle roundup in the hills of Idaho for the past week.  I found this discussion when I returned this evening and downloaded the link and was skeptical.  I am elated that it works.

thank-you thank-you thank-you!!!

Gary

Jay I was trying to make it simple so everyone could understand it.

For the more experienced I would recommend:

http://216.71.75.104/ags/SBE_update_plus_patch.zip

This patch will even get rid of the Trial Version button.

I did not make the download file so use it at your own risk.

Your Anti-virus will tell you there is a virus but I have checked it several time an in my opinion it is safe. A patch is a type of worm so your anti-virus is not completely wrong.  

Thanks!!! That is slick.

Jay

Small problem here - after I downloaded the update and patch, SB won't recognize my cutter, it doesn't even have it in the list. Is their something I can do about it - or do I have to just go back to before?

Try clicking on cutter then click on setup then on the box left side then click on the load button near the bottom and see if you machine is on that list

What kind of cutter is it?

No it's not on that list either - it's a refine 721. It worked before I downloaded the update and patch to get rid of the trial mode stuff.  :huh:

deon, thanks so much for posting that link, i tried all the other options and none worked for me, however that patch did the job, thats gonna save me a lot of time,,and time can mean all the difference when your pinched for it, if you know what i mean,,,again,, a BIG THANK YOU FOR POSTING THAT :thumbsup:

jstovson, you had me scared for a minute,mine did the same thing now, but i just clicked on another one,,cs something, and then it worked, so try that and see if it works for you

Jstovson

Thats why I leave mine as it is. If I try and fix it to where it don't pop up I lose everything. Pictures SBD files the whole works so I leave mine the way it is. Yes I get tired of clicking all the buttons but I hate it when I lose my stuff. And with  my cutter not being there.

Ya - I will leave it as it is, lol. I just clicked on another cutter like Jay and it works now. Thanks everyone  Starla

I loaded SB on my wifes laptop. Mine was registered already and I still have the code that was given to me for my laptop. Does anyone know if I use that same code on my wife's if it will work or if it will affect mine in any way. I assume that worst case it just wouldn't work on hers and wouldn't affect mine but not sure?