Sign in to follow this  
notmeofficer

Install fatal errors.. etc

I want to thank the moderators for the nice welcome

I purchased the p630 for making letters for our coast guard boats.. I am having software install issues

I am running windows XP... my baud rate is specd at 9600.. it is set to same

I have received an error message as follows, " Setup is unable to decompress and copy all of the program file needed to proceed with the installation, Contact your software vendor ..error 112"

I googled that error message and I understand what it means.. I have sufficient space and temporary file space as well

SignBlazer appeared to install correctly and allows me to work within it.. but  the computer wont link. The PC recognizes new hardware found but wont find the driver. I attempted the driver download from the help site.. no luck

My next step is to remove everything, Sign pro etc  and start over... (update.. I have tried this but receive the same error message.. I cant get past the intellishield even starting up)

I have the cutter setup and it makes the recommended square sample cut etc.. so the plotter is fine.. this is all a software issue.

Thank You for any suggestions

Cameron

The problem is ME...re-post this in the SIGNBLAZER section or PM Bruce directly. Maybe they have an ME driver.

The customer service was outstanding

Ken Imes had me up and running in about 15 minutes... even ran a test cut for me and gave me some quickie hints... I forgot what good service was until he helped me.. its nice to know it is still out there in corporate America

Now... let the learning begin

Thank You