Sign in to follow this  
rallymatt

Vinyl "Tags"

I have tried different pressure settings (from 90, where it cuts through the backing paper, to 65 where it seems to cut right) and no matter what I get these little dots or "tags" wherever the blade sets down. I am using a Pcut630 with signblazer, and have set my blade offset to .30.

Oh I have also slowed my cut speed way down to 50, doesnt seem to make a difference

Please see attachment to see what I am talking about

Any other ideas?

post-1501-12986513243558_thumb.jpg

post-1501-12986513276812_thumb.jpg

Not sure about your "tags" but if you're talking 50 in/s that is way too fast. i usually run mine at 16 in/s or slower if it's detailed. Also, I regularly run mine at 80g...it would take about 120g+ for mine to cut through the paper. Might want to loosen the spring pressure.

I'm also running on an MH721, so things might be a bit different on the pcut.

Hmm, the speed and pressure seems to be ok. It cuts fine. But everytime the blade is lifted and touches back down to the vinyl it makes a little tag or mark in the desing.

Guest Terry

Check for vinyl glue or a small piece of vinyl stuck up in blade, clean with alcohol. Sounds like the blade is stuck with no spring load. Bad vinyl that lifts could also do it.

The blade spring seems to be working. When I eject the blade using the little metal bar that came in the holder there is spring tension. The new one just magnetically snaps in. So, there is tension pushing the blade OUT but when pushing the blade IN (like when it contacts the vinyl) it is solid. Is there supposed to be spring tension in that direction?

I am using a roll of Avery A7

Ok, well I got rid of them by reducing the pressure and lowering the blade in the holder, but now the cutter skips when moving right and doesnt complete cuts.

I imagine there is a happy medium in here somewhere. I am using pressure of about 125. How much blade should I have sticking out?

The blade when inserted is sticking out too far, so you will need to screww the end the blade is sticking out of so that only a portion of the blade angle is exposed.

Ok, well I got rid of them by reducing the pressure and lowering the blade in the holder, but now the cutter skips when moving right and doesnt complete cuts.

I imagine there is a happy medium in here somewhere. I am using pressure of about 125. How much blade should I have sticking out?

I use the "half the width of a credit card" rule and though I am relatively new also, have had no problems.

Well I think I got the blade all set. But I am still making marks every time the blade lifts and sets back down.

Any less pressure and it doesnt complete cuts. Grr.

Guest sciondrgn

The pressure does seem a bit high for Vinyl..

When I first set mine up I was having to run about 125-130 to get it to cut right until I realized I had the blade in the wrong spot.. Make sure the blade holder is in the rear slot on the carriage.

Using Avery Vinyl im using an offset of .25 and pressure of 105 and its working well for me.. I will occasionally get the tags if the image im cutting is not clean but for the most part I get good clean cuts.