pinhead_54

Magnetic signs I did

i do mag signs for $75 a pair.

Does anyone find it odd that we can charge more for putting the vinyl right on the truck door, when its actually more expensive to put it on mag material? seems like the customer views mag signs as less valuable than vehicle graphics.

Lots of people that have magnets take them off and then use the same truck fore something else, like I don't know, parties, parking at walmart etc, guess they like the removable idea

just IMO

longevity is one factor as far as magnetic vs door vinyl, and convenience. It's a lot easier for me so sit in a chair to do Magnets on the bench that go to the truck and clean it up and apply it.  Also most of the time magnets are smaller than standard door applications.  Magnets don;t seem to hold up as long as door applied to me. Now I don;t have any that I have made to prove this yet, haven't been in it long enough, but I know the ones I had made for my company years ago, 3-4 years was when they started having problems.

Kevin

longevity is one factor as far as magnetic vs door vinyl, and convenience. It's a lot easier for me so sit in a chair to do Magnets on the bench that go to the truck and clean it up and apply it.  Also most of the time magnets are smaller than standard door applications.  Magnets don;t seem to hold up as long as door applied to me. Now I don;t have any that I have made to prove this yet, haven't been in it long enough, but I know the ones I had made for my company years ago, 3-4 years was when they started having problems.

Kevin

3-4 years is still money well spend. You figure the normal cost for a set of mags (2) is $65 at my shop

That's under $22 per year they are paying to promote themselves if they last 3 years. Well worth it.

I think the same way with lettering, if lettering lasts 3 years lets say and the job cost $125, that's under $42 per year to promote yourself.

Go price the yellow pages, newspapers and billboards  :thumbsup:

right, you all understand that mag signs are a better value, that's sorta what I am saying.

But the magnetic signs cost more to make than just sticking the vinyl right on the truck door. yet you cant charge more for the magnetic signs than you do for the truck door application, the customer wont pay it, and thats what I have a hard time wrapping my head around.

like, a 4x6" easy to weed sticker. if the customer buys 100, I'll sell them for a buck each, the same size piece of vinyl for 2 doors and a tailgate sells for $200+ and theres less time spent weeding and stuff.

Looks good.  I personaly would have lined up the phone numbers also. I have one sign guy around me that says charge 2 buck an inch for magnets Each..no way can I do that so I charge around 50 - 60 a pair but then again I am still new and need the business. It is crazy how different areas can charge different prices for the same exact thing.

Christi

Thanks for all of your inputs. As far as the alignment of the phone numbers that is what the customer wanted. So, I do what the customer wants, he's paying for it.

I'm new to the vinyl business and have done a lot of searching on the net to see what others charge for magnetic signs. I do a pair for $59. As far a 4"x7" RTA stickers I charge $1 each.

I've found that the economy now plays a big part as what customers are willing to pay. So, I tend to work with them to get their business. My MH-871 has darn near paid for itself in the last 2 weeks.  I'm a pinstriper and custom painter by trade and that has really slowed down and I started to do more vinyl work to pay for the plotter I bought.

As far a 4"x7" RTA stickers I charge $1 each.

THATS CRAZY....What am i missing here. maybe if they buy 100 of them. but for a 1 off of someone name or something they want. you need to be about $5

Thats working for free, Your leaving alot of money on the table

The deal with mag signs vs RTA vs vehicle lettering is all perceived value guys. Get the money while you can! haha