BigDaddyChris

New sign for Aarons rent to own

I did these signs that associates hold out on the sidewalk for traffic to see. Over here in oregon Aarons has 5 stores and I do all of their graphic work, signage and design for print. pretty good corporate client.

My kids were "helping" me with this project. They usually come to the shop after school. today momma took my middle child to girl scouts, left me with my son and 3 yr old daughter. The best way to keep an eye on them is to have them help out!

I'm sure there are child labor laws being violated. HA HA!

post-5793-12986544128326_thumb.jpg

post-5793-12986544129238_thumb.jpg

post-5793-12986544130165_thumb.jpg

post-5793-12986544131024_thumb.jpg

post-5793-12986544140904_thumb.jpg

post-5793-12986544141697_thumb.jpg

post-5793-1298654414248_thumb.jpg

post-5793-12986544143268_thumb.jpg

Good stuff man! I'm trying to get my oldest (she's 4) a little more involved with the process.  Mind if I ask how you landed Aarons as a customer?  I used to work for Rent A Center back in the day, maybe I should make a few phone calls!

its all WHO you know, not nearly what you know.

I met a guy at a chamber of commerce event. he was an ad executive at a local tv station. he always has random ideas for t-shirts and stuff. I did some creative conceptual art for one of his side projects one time, and that got the ball rolling. he moved on to become the marketing manager for all of the oregon Aarons stores and when it came time to need design work done he knew just the guy to come to.

now aarons has corporate art and then the franchises are allowed to run local stuff as well. so they prefer to run mostly local franchise specific ads, so I get all that design work.

if I didnt know my guy on the inside, I would have never got them as a client. so, again, its who you know :thumbsup: so meet and greet everyone you see, you never know where they will end up someday and need something you offer!

I hand out biz cards to everyone, everywhere. not only does everything become a tax write off, its a GREAT way to bring in random customers.

Ill give a card to the clerk at 7-11 when i buy a pop. "hey, if you ever need anything like this, gimmie a call, im just up the road"

sometimes weird "7-degrees of kevin bacon" things happen. like the cricket store owner who was friends with a guy who asked him where to get a deal on t-shirts for a hip hop concert. turns out that guy was a roadie for Glasses Malone and Akon. next thing you know Im doing shirts and security badges for G. Malone and Akon with VIP passes to the show tossed in. all because I tossed the guy at the cellphone shop a biz card? hell yeah!

heres the link to see one of my shirts in the video around 0:15 seconds you see a guy in a white shirt that says "I'm Certified" thats my shirt baby!

keep handing out cards, you won't be sorry!

They look awesome. I agree with you on who you know! Great idea at handing your card to everyone!

Christi

That's cool man, awesome story.  I hand out business cards all the time too, we are pretty involved w/our local chamber of commerce and go to most if not all of the mixers and business expos that they put together.  being in the right place at the right time helps!