Sign in to follow this  
Guest manwayvan

Need Help Creating Uniform Text

Guest manwayvan

Hello Everyone I am sure this is going to expose to newbieness but since using signblazer and now switching to flexi I have been having issues with text and I will try to explain the best I can. Basically lets say I wanted to cut out the words

Shipping

Mailboxes

Packing Supplies

Well what I do is type them out and then drag to the size I want to arrange on a banner and since Packing Supplies has more letters it sizes the text differently so it is smaller..Is there anyway to set up text to look the same and be the same size.

you can make the text taller just by using the arrow (selecting text) and then dragging the box up. is that what you mean?

Guest manwayvan

Well not exactly I maybe making it more harder than it has to be..But basically like when cutting stick people I will put the person name under their corresponding stick person and I will have to resize with the arrows to line it up under their stick person and some text will be thicker or thinner than others and it is based off of how many letters I have found.

If you click the middle dots on the end of a word of text, and drag it to make it longer or shorter, you are going to change the thickness of the letters, and there is no way using the same font to get them the same.

What I am getting here is that your typing all the names and then adjusting the length so they are all say 6" long to look symmetrical?

You might try adjusting the Kerning, (4th box down when on text in "design Central") That will widen or narrow the spaces in between the letters but not adjust the letters themselves.

Kevin

the only way to make the text uniform like that is to adjust the kerning. you dont want to smash the words, it would look obvious. you can do what the above post said, shrink up the kerning in the long word, and beef up the kerning in the short word and hopefully get them to be close the the same length without it looking obvious.

otherwise you can type in each item seperately. shipping, then boxes, etc. then you have to turn off the proportional checkbox and manually enter the dimensions in the "design central" toolbox window. that way you can specify the height and width of each text item. it will stretch or smash the words horizontally, but again, depends on how much you can get away with.

once they are the same size you can select them all and click arrange, then align, then select how you want them aligned. and same thing to distribute the items evenly too.

hope that helps!

Guest manwayvan

Thanks I will play around and see what i can come up with