ScarTissue

Cutting Problems, Try removing your cutting strip.

I had many cutting problems such as cutting depth changed from too deep to too shallow as it moved down the carriage.  I removed and reseated the cutting strip several time with no improvement.  After consulting with Ken at support I completely removed my cutting strip and re calibrated my blade.  Like magic all my cutting issues disappeared.  The only issue I have know is that the edge of the vinyl will catch in the channel that the strip was in so I have to load the vinyl and extra 1/4 to 1/2 inch.

The vinyl catching problem has been addressed in other posts. You can lay a strip of vinyl over this area to prevent the problem; someone else suggested electrical tape, I believe, also.

if u remove the cutting strip can it be put back on? i was considering taking it off. i have had problems with text not closing on some letters and with over cutting into the body of the text on some letters. i've tried two different blade holders and adjusted speed, pressure and offset. does removing the strip help with text not closing?  -N