Sign in to follow this  
sspvinyl

Suggested Force for MH 871

depends a little on blade depth and on the particular vinyl but you should be between 90-120. mine runs at 90 now but when I change the blade I normally have to adjust it a little between 90-110

I find there's a lot of variation depending on a lot of things.  I have an MH 871, and mostly cut Oracal 651.  So, my pressure setting is usually 40.  A little more if I'm cutting Oracal 751 - like about 50-60.  I also cut some stencil material at 260. 

When you load your vinyl, you should press TEST.  It will cut a square with a diamond in the center.  This is so you can test whether your settings are appropriate.  You can test weed the diamond.  Also, make sure you're not cutting the paper backing.

Also, the blade makes a difference.  Make sure you can barely see the blade sticking out of the holder.

I've found that if your pressure is as low as 60 you need to back your blade up some and raise your pressure.  The biggest difference is in the real fine details, the extra blade drag will pick up the little bits of vinyl.  That and on diagonals the blade can drag causing scalloped edges.  I ran mine at 60 for a while when I first got it, then I tried backing the blade up some and raising the pressure and it makes a world of difference in accuracy

I've found that if your pressure is as low as 60 you need to back your blade up some and raise your pressure.  The biggest difference is in the real fine details, the extra blade drag will pick up the little bits of vinyl.  That and on diagonals the blade can drag causing scalloped edges.  I ran mine at 60 for a while when I first got it, then I tried backing the blade up some and raising the pressure and it makes a world of difference in accuracy

What he said

Always willing to learn and try something new.  So far I have been VERY happy with the performance, but there's always room for improvement. 

I've been looking at the pressure wrong I think. I thought setting to a low number like 60 was less pressure than 90 or so. Do I have it all wrong? I normally cut at 70-80 but haven't tried many of the pressure settings.Sandy