Sign in to follow this  
stichin lady

What is the difference

I was just looking at the PCut 48" cutter and the Copam 2500.  I know there is a difference is size and that the warranty is different and the software is different.  Otherwise what is the difference?  Why does the PCut only have a 180 day warranty and is it the newest model?  I am looking in to getting a cutter.  Like some others on a different forum I was looking at a different brand.  After reading their posts I decided to check this out.  Thanks for any help you can give me.

Guest fivestar

I believe the copam is a better built machine as far as quality parts and durability goes.  I actually own the refine series and I am very happy with it.  If I was to buy a machine today it would be the copam from all I have heard from other people and the reviews I have seen on it.  BTW, I "know" the other machine you are looking at and for a thousand bucks cheaper I would definitly go with the copam unless you absolutely need the contour cut feature the "other" onw has.

Can I cut material with these cutters?  I would like to have a cutter that would cut material for appliques.  I just don't really know what cutters will and won't do.  Sorry to be so dumb.  Thanks for the reply.

Our cutters will cut material up to 1mm in thickness, so if the material you mention is not thicker than that, it should not be a problem.

stichinlady, material... from being in the garment & textile industry in the past (78-95) your name and using the term "material" I assume your question is "can a cutter" cut fabric? from my past and current experience w/ cnc machines there isn't a cnc cutter on the market that will cut single ply fabric... however I don't know everything ;) I didn't know until May 07 that you could by an affordable cutter, I I always thought you had to pay 3k Plus! (thanks U.S. Cutter for making affordable for hobbist) I was in the garment industry when cnc fabric cutters were 1st introduced (mid 70's by Gerber) and when i got out of fabrics in 95 I went into signs (metal, wood & vinyl) there wasn't a better way of cutting single fabric than by hand. if I missed your question please forgive me, if I may be of futher info on the ypes of material you wish to cut, please be specific and I will be glad to assist, I have experience w/ alot of "material"

glad to help anyway I can,

gg