BannerJohn

Full version Signblazer Download (all cutters)

20 minutes ago, skynetamit said:

So ive read through this long thread that goes back 7 years!!

I am using a USB to Serial adapter as my laptop does not have a serial port

If your using anything other than a Tripp-lite Keyspan Adapter  (that is the brand name) with a null modem cable,  It probably will not work.  A Tripp-lite Keyspan Adapter is the only device guaranteed to work.   A  regular USB-serial cable purchased elsewhere is pretty much like the flaky cheap Chinese USB chipset that is already in it.  USB in a MH cutter is not  TRUE USB. 

A MH cutter is 4800 baudrate. 

Are you sure the driver installed correctly?

SB works just fine on Windows 7 64-bit. You might also try some of the free trial version of software to help identify if your problem is hardware or software.

Okay guys have scanned through the years of conversation on here and bottom line is I need help. I have a vinyl express r series 2 and I need to find software that is compatible with the machine. I am very new to this and have as suggested downloaded the signblazer software. Except i am unsure on which vinyl express option to choose. I am very new to all of this and any assistance would be great!!!!! Newbie needs help over here!!!!! :) 

1 hour ago, nickellcl said:

Okay guys have scanned through the years of conversation on here and bottom line is I need help. I have a vinyl express r series 2 and I need to find software that is compatible with the machine. I am very new to this and have as suggested downloaded the signblazer software. Except i am unsure on which vinyl express option to choose. I am very new to all of this and any assistance would be great!!!!! Newbie needs help over here!!!!! :)

Your machine is made by red sail, try those drivers . . Keep in mind that signblazer hasn’t been updated for 8 years so if a newer plotter won’t be listed.  

Dakota thanks for the reply!!! No I don't think it's a newer plotter, the machine was given to me and so I am trying to find a program that will work with it as I am very new to industrial size machines. I'm new to this period and very uneducated about it so please forgive my ignorance if I am asking silly questions. Dakota I tried all of the redsail drivers and none of them are working. Not sure what or if i am doing something wrong. But the program pulled up a screen for the print job but nothing happened. I may be just plain retarded when it comes to all of this :/

Dakota thanks for the reply!!! No I don't think it's a newer plotter, the machine was given to me and so I am trying to find a program that will work with it as I am very new to industrial size machines. I'm new to this period and very uneducated about it so please forgive my ignorance if I am asking silly questions. Dakota I tried all of the redsail drivers and none of them are working. Not sure what or if i am doing something wrong. But the program pulled up a screen for the print job but nothing happened. I may be just plain retarded when it comes to all of this :/

2 things come to mind - the series 2 is probably newer than 8 years ago - but for any software to work with usb you will first need to download and install the usb chipset drivers for your particular cutter - 2nd thing that stands out is you mention printing - you use the send to cutter command as your plotter will not function as a printer.  printers deal with raster graphics that uses pixels - - - where a plotter uses vector graphics made of nodes and arcs.

I say printing out of habit...but yes i understand. How do I find out how old it is? Also how do I find the drivers? Please forgive my ignorance in all of this as I am extremely new to all of this....

Have you tried the red sail drivers yet?

What OS are you running on your computer? Ie. Windows? Apple?

Also, the “Print” within the program is referring to an old MSDOS slang, means to send a “Copy”. Hope this helps 

On 9/29/2019 at 11:36 AM, Dakotagrafx said:

Your machine is made by red sail, try those drivers . . Keep in mind that signblazer hasn’t been updated for 8 years so if a newer plotter won’t be listed.  

2 hours ago, nickellcl said:

3 minutes ago, AshComputers said:

Have you tried the red sail drivers yet?

What OS are you running on your computer? Ie. Windows? Apple?

Contact me via PM. I’ll fix it for you for free!

18 minutes ago, nickellcl said:

I say printing out of habit...but yes i understand. How do I find out how old it is? Also how do I find the drivers? Please forgive my ignorance in all of this as I am extremely new to all of this....

try the ftdi driver from here  http://www.redsailcnc.com/download.html

I got a message stating that window can't open the file. I am running windows 7. 

You have to have a program to open and extract it.  I just downloaded it. I have Windows 7.  Look for a FREE file extraction program online.