BannerJohn

Full version Signblazer Download (all cutters)

20 minutes ago, skynetamit said:

So ive read through this long thread that goes back 7 years!!

I am using a USB to Serial adapter as my laptop does not have a serial port

If your using anything other than a Tripp-lite Keyspan Adapter  (that is the brand name) with a null modem cable,  It probably will not work.  A Tripp-lite Keyspan Adapter is the only device guaranteed to work.   A  regular USB-serial cable purchased elsewhere is pretty much like the flaky cheap Chinese USB chipset that is already in it.  USB in a MH cutter is not  TRUE USB. 

A MH cutter is 4800 baudrate. 

Are you sure the driver installed correctly?

SB works just fine on Windows 7 64-bit. You might also try some of the free trial version of software to help identify if your problem is hardware or software.

Okay guys have scanned through the years of conversation on here and bottom line is I need help. I have a vinyl express r series 2 and I need to find software that is compatible with the machine. I am very new to this and have as suggested downloaded the signblazer software. Except i am unsure on which vinyl express option to choose. I am very new to all of this and any assistance would be great!!!!! Newbie needs help over here!!!!! :) 

1 hour ago, nickellcl said:

Okay guys have scanned through the years of conversation on here and bottom line is I need help. I have a vinyl express r series 2 and I need to find software that is compatible with the machine. I am very new to this and have as suggested downloaded the signblazer software. Except i am unsure on which vinyl express option to choose. I am very new to all of this and any assistance would be great!!!!! Newbie needs help over here!!!!! :)

Your machine is made by red sail, try those drivers . . Keep in mind that signblazer hasn’t been updated for 8 years so if a newer plotter won’t be listed.  

Dakota thanks for the reply!!! No I don't think it's a newer plotter, the machine was given to me and so I am trying to find a program that will work with it as I am very new to industrial size machines. I'm new to this period and very uneducated about it so please forgive my ignorance if I am asking silly questions. Dakota I tried all of the redsail drivers and none of them are working. Not sure what or if i am doing something wrong. But the program pulled up a screen for the print job but nothing happened. I may be just plain retarded when it comes to all of this :/

Dakota thanks for the reply!!! No I don't think it's a newer plotter, the machine was given to me and so I am trying to find a program that will work with it as I am very new to industrial size machines. I'm new to this period and very uneducated about it so please forgive my ignorance if I am asking silly questions. Dakota I tried all of the redsail drivers and none of them are working. Not sure what or if i am doing something wrong. But the program pulled up a screen for the print job but nothing happened. I may be just plain retarded when it comes to all of this :/

2 things come to mind - the series 2 is probably newer than 8 years ago - but for any software to work with usb you will first need to download and install the usb chipset drivers for your particular cutter - 2nd thing that stands out is you mention printing - you use the send to cutter command as your plotter will not function as a printer.  printers deal with raster graphics that uses pixels - - - where a plotter uses vector graphics made of nodes and arcs.

I say printing out of habit...but yes i understand. How do I find out how old it is? Also how do I find the drivers? Please forgive my ignorance in all of this as I am extremely new to all of this....

Have you tried the red sail drivers yet?

What OS are you running on your computer? Ie. Windows? Apple?

Also, the “Print” within the program is referring to an old MSDOS slang, means to send a “Copy”. Hope this helps 

On 9/29/2019 at 11:36 AM, Dakotagrafx said:

Your machine is made by red sail, try those drivers . . Keep in mind that signblazer hasn’t been updated for 8 years so if a newer plotter won’t be listed.  

2 hours ago, nickellcl said:

3 minutes ago, AshComputers said:

Have you tried the red sail drivers yet?

What OS are you running on your computer? Ie. Windows? Apple?

18 minutes ago, nickellcl said:

I say printing out of habit...but yes i understand. How do I find out how old it is? Also how do I find the drivers? Please forgive my ignorance in all of this as I am extremely new to all of this....

try the ftdi driver from here  http://www.redsailcnc.com/download.html

I got a message stating that window can't open the file. I am running windows 7. 

You have to have a program to open and extract it.  I just downloaded it. I have Windows 7.  Look for a FREE file extraction program online. 

Hi,

I'm struggling find a software download for Signblazer.

Is it possible for someone to share me a copy please?

Thanks

Alan

Pretty hard to find anymore.  UScutter doesn't have it, as it is no longer supported, abandonware. only a few select members have it,  They may show up later.  The software has not been updated for years. Vinyl Master is available for $60 with updates.

https://www.vinylmastercut.com/

1 hour ago, alans15 said:

Hi,

I'm struggling find a software download for Signblazer.

Is it possible for someone to share me a copy please?

Thanks

Alan

USCUTTER has disabled their directory/archive containing the SBE software and the user manual.

The company has a business arrangement with supported VM software (as noted by Mz. Skeeter above) so they've decided that offering a 'Free" program for download is a conflict of interests (and may even be a contractual violation with regards to FutureCorp., the maker of VinylMaster)

Anyway, I do not want to continually keep attaching the .exe download to a multitude of posts and clog up server space with it on these Forums. For one thing, if USCUTTER doesn't desire to offer it, then by extension, this is their domain, and I have no intention of going against their wishes, whatever their rationale is for making that decision to pull it from accessibility on their support pages.

Secondly, the installer file itself is problematic from a purely technical standpoint, because of the code it contains to bypass the Registration and "Nag" screens at startup (since there's no way to register it, someone 'cracked' the installer file to bypass the countdown, but as a result, now the file will show up as having a "trojan or malicious code" when it's inspected by Windows Defender or 3rd-party antivirus protection schemes). In other words, people who try to download or install SignBlazer will encounter a warning not to do so, because of the way that file now reads as a threat.

If you are still willing to obtain a copy of SBE, and understand all of the forementioned, then go to this post wherein the file was attached and can be accessed (34MB).

EDIT:  The file will not be allowed to be attached within a posting here on this Forum server, it's too large.

Let me try to offer it using MediaFire.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/fjk69hgu2cpnr16/signblazer_setup.exe/file

Hopefully that works for you?

Edited by slice&dice
Tried to link to another thread where the file was attached to a posting directly, but apparently it's too large to be handled by the Forum server, so that is not an option

All these years I've never understood why noone simply hostedthe signblazer file on their web site? Maybe I'll find out soon..

Anyway, I've decided to give this a shot.

I uploaded the file to my site and tried a test download. Worked fine. So, as long as I don't get into some king of trouble or other grief, it can be found here:

https://www.bearlycomputing.com/signblazer/signblazer_setup7.exe

It will be there until I getinto trouble, am told it's illegal, or causes too much traffic onthe site. I hope this helps some folks.

And, yes I'm stll alive if anyone cares or remembers me? I read here almost every day, helped keep my pandemic sanity... I just can't post from my computer for odd reasons...

Rich..

• Like 1

RIch, that was nice of you. It's good to have a URL that's stable for the download, since as you see in this 14-page thread, over the years so many hosts have come and gone. Between the one you just linked and that MediaFire repository I've created, they should stay available for a while to anyone requiring the program.

I noticed you renamed the file to "7" which is smart. Although it shows up as v.6 during installation, after it's opened, the HELP/About menu will refer as v.7.0.0 which was added by whoever applied the 'crack' to get rid of the start-up screens.

As far as copyright, it was held by Jerry Bonham (R.I.P.) under his company ColorChrome PTY, Ltd., which no longer exists. Back in 2009 there was some talk about legal wrangling for those rights, but AFAIK, nothing ever came of it.

As noted in my post, the biggest problem people will face when trying to download & install is their antivirus getting alerted. It's not a "trojan" or harmful, but it will appear like the kiss of death to those danger-scanning softwares. You may be accused of trying to spread a malicious file, although that's not true. That is the #1 issue with doing what you're doing, and it may even be the answer why USCUTTER stopped hosting the installer.

Anyway, good to see ya, and yes, I recall you from way back! I've been around here for a decade now, when I first started my signmaking career with SignBlazer, and still use it.

I still use Signblazer, as I no longer need it for business purposes, just personal. 

My hardrive failed last year so I had to install a new one, and used a backup to restore all my data, but it appears the Library did not install. I just realized this today, as I normally create my own graphics, but I needed an arrow so went to library. It shows all the symbols, but none will activate. Any ideas?

Eh, whatzzup, dach? (doc)

Why not just reinstall SignBlazer  --  the non-nag version that shows as V7 after install (HELP menu/about) that Rich has kindly provided (linked a few posts above).

The Library (DRAW menu) is one of the features that I've always loved about this program. It has a collection of cut-ready graphics that constantly lets me complete designs with just the right accent or flourish or visual item that matches whatever sign I'm making.

I once had the opportunity to even insert JesusChrist into an Easter Sunday placard for a church (along with one of the nice mason crosses). Yeah, that Library is filled with surprises, thanks to Jerry, who placed an assortment of things in there which are really, really useful to signmakers. I encourage people who utilize another design/cut program to install a copy of SBE just to have access to the Library! (once you drag a choice from the Library into the pink-outlined design space, just Export as .eps and then Import to your other application to use it as you need)

ok guys am new here i have tried downloading the uk version but cant do the patch for it as cant open it to read what i have to do if someone can help me