Sign in to follow this  
go10go4

New LaserCut cutter

Ken,

I saw this on Ebay yesterday, and didn't realize you were going to sell this until I saw it there. I wasn't sure from the description what the laser does exactly. Is this similar to the YouTube video using the Graphtec (if I remember correctly) for registration marks? Is there any value to the registration feature if you are not doing multi-color work?

The laser cutter is for contour cutting with the use of SignBlazer. I am still not up to par on its functionality, but from what the description states:

"The first new USCutter Branded vinyl cutter to be released in over two years.  Brand new for October 2007, this is also the most technically sophisticate machine that is at no reserve on eBay, this cutting plotter comes with the features that our users have been asking for.

We are still working on the software, but we intend to release a version of SignBlazer Elements (free update) that will enable contour cutting capability that allows the user to correct for skew using the laser pointer to manually align to registration marks in the software.  In addition, all LaserPoint models that include a stand come with an all new material basket."