Sign in to follow this  
Cre8tiveCutter

Doing some research!

I'm currently reseaching for a purchase in the VERY near future of a graphtec . I am torn between the roland 24 inch cutter and the graphtec. I have a pcut that I'm running the sh*t out of right now and disliking more and more everyday! I have wasted more tshirt vinyl than i care to count, had to deal with sbe locking up a dozen times a day and seriously need to upgrade to be able to do longer runs and smaller cuts! I have been extremly busy with tshirt orders and getting more and more everyday. people are ordering between 20 and 50 shirts and I'm getting backed up dealing with the pcut issues and wasting expensive tshirt vinyl because of it.

I am leaning towards a graphtec because of all the good things i have heard about it and because the graphtec forum is way shorter in the problems area than any other cutter listed here...lol. well besides the roland. I do have a 12 inch roland cutter that costs me 1200 and has never given me a bit of trouble its just too small to do anything with.

Any suggestions out here? Are there any issues with usb connection for the graphtec? Give me some input please!!!

Renee

Guest fivestar

Tim tell us how you really feel about your GraphTec.  ;D:thumbsup:;) I agree, the GraphTec cut sooooooo much better then the Refine or Laserpoint I have/had.  It's like comparing a Porsche and a Chevette racing.  Sure the Chevette will finish the race BUT the Prosche will finish it so much faster and easier.

I too have a Graphtec  Fc7000mk2-75  ,  I read everthing on Roland and Graphtec,,  and choose Graphtec... no buyers remorse here,  I do alot of long cuts  8'-12'    never a problem  ..  Very sturdy, reliable,and  QUIET machine  and I use Flexistarter 8.5 for cutting software.  :thumbsup:

thanx guys for the response! Fire, you do love your graphtec! you told me exactly what I wanted to know. Do you guys use the software that came with it or something else? I will be of course buying it from uscutter and they do have a few software options as an add on to the purchase.

My pcut has made me some money, I got what I paid for with the pcut but its definetly time to upgrade to a better cutter. the pcut is great for small jobs but when I get  orders for 50 shirts x 2 or 5  well its not so great. As cheap as the cutter was, It has done me well so I'm not complaining.

Renee

Guest fivestar

Renee it comes with a plugin called Cutting Master, which intergrates with Illistrator or Corel Draw, so if you design with either of them, then you won't need any other software.  Cutting Master is actually made by the same company that makes Flexi, it looks almost identical to Flexi's cut/plot screen.

I have been seriously looking into the Graphtec.  Eventually I will be joining the club.  The new FC8000 looks pretty nice...so I'm not sure whether to go that direction or get the CE5000.  Does the CE5000 have different pressure settings available for the pinch rollers (to set different pressures depending on the material being fed)?

I have Roland GX24 and never had a problem with it. I use Corel or Cut Studio for the software. I would not be amused if it didn't cut all the way or other problems you speak of. I can hit the button and walk out of the room without worrying about it. It has the contour cut feature but I haven't had the need to use it as yet.

Tory, thanx for the input! I think I'm going to go with the graphtec. I think most of my problems are caused by the usb connection. ( the stopping in the middle of a job and computer freezing up) All the new computers do not have an serial port and there is no where to put it, believe me I have tried! Right now I figure I'm wasting a boatload of tshirt vinyl as well as a total of 3 hours per day out of a 9 hour day because of having to stop and restart the computer and the program and setting up the job AGAIN....<sigh> I'm hating it!  I has served me well for starting out 6 months ago but its well past time for me upgrade!

Speedoggy- I need to be able to do long runs and not worry about the machine stopping, going off track ( the pcut does on longer runs) and cant even leave the machine because as soon as I do, something messes up! thanx for the input!

Renee

I think most of my problems are caused by the usb connection. ( the stopping in the middle of a job and computer freezing up) All the new computers do not have an serial port and there is no where to put it, believe me I have tried! Right now I figure I'm wasting a boatload of tshirt vinyl as well as a total of 3 hours per day out of a 9 hour day because of having to stop and restart the computer and the program and setting up the job AGAIN....<sigh> I'm hating it!  I has served me well for starting out 6 months ago but its well past time for me upgrade!

Renee

Nothing more frustrating than wasted time/vinyl which translates into wasted dollars. I'd be right there with ya, for sanity's sake, in looking for a solution.

Tory, thanx for the input! I think I'm going to go with the graphtec. I think most of my problems are caused by the usb connection. ( the stopping in the middle of a job and computer freezing up) All the new computers do not have an serial port and there is no where to put it, believe me I have tried! Right now I figure I'm wasting a boatload of tshirt vinyl as well as a total of 3 hours per day out of a 9 hour day because of having to stop and restart the computer and the program and setting up the job AGAIN....<sigh> I'm hating it!  I has served me well for starting out 6 months ago but its well past time for me upgrade!

Speedoggy- I need to be able to do long runs and not worry about the machine stopping, going off track ( the pcut does on longer runs) and cant even leave the machine because as soon as I do, something messes up! thanx for the input!

Renee

tracking is great for long runs.  They even guarantee it up to 50ft