jeremySI

glass etching

I little follow up:

I bought the air eraser it's perfect for my needs. I 'm using the 220  grit from HF. My only problem is humidity! I live in Florida and I bearly get one pot of abrasive then flow stops because the grit gets moist and clumpy. I added a second water trap but doesn't help too much. I'm thinkong maybe add a dessicate type filterjust before the unit. I'll let you know as soon as I have an update. Any ideas would be apreciated.

It's possible the media getting damp and clumpy is what is causing you the problems, not necessarily the air supply.  Try throwing a few of those "do not eat" dessicant bags in the media storage container, or worst case scenario, some rice grains, like they do to keep salt from clumping in shakers.

Thanks for the advice.  The grit is dry and free flowing when first added to the pot.  I took a good look at everything and there are tiny drops of water flowing up from the agitator tubes (tubes on the bottom that help push up the media) and it only clumps after a few minuits running. I'll let you know once I add the desiccant filter.

lueman, did you get the air eraser at HF? The reason I ask, a buddy of mine got one a couple of months ago, and it did about the same thing as what you are saying. We used it on my set-up in my cabinet, it would clog up in about 30 seconds. Then I would hook up my Pasche, same media, air, everything and blast away. It (the HF) is somewhere in the woods down by the lake.

Yes I got it at HF for $19.00,  the Pasche goes for $40+, I don't know what could be the difference maybe the agitators are bigger? I can try it in any case, I'm close to the $40.00 in additional parts anyway!

Great info , Thanks . Where do you buy the Pasche ?