Sign in to follow this  
VendettaVinyl

Cutter is not cutting - Need help ASAP

Still got nothing!!!!!!!

have you tried uninstalling SignBlazer and it's driver,, make sure all elements are out of it.  and just do a reinstall of it all. 

there are two kinds of serial cables...maybe you didn't get the right one. I have a few here that won't work with my cutters.

with the newer ones it shouldn't make a difference. Used to be there was regular and null modem cable...the difference being that with one, info only traveled one way..with the other, it travels both ways. It's a bit confusing and I never really understood the technical aspect of it, but as I said,with the newer ones it shouldn't happen.

Anyway, try switching ends...I  had this work once. The cabel was actually marked which end went to the cutter and which to the computer.

I really feel for you and wish I had the answer.

Does anyone really know these cutters? I will really trade what I have listed (that wide format printer goes for between 950 to 1400 on ebay with out the paper and extras) with the cash + this cutter for a used roland GX 24. I beg you! Save my sanity!

I have a Refine,actually. Had it up and running in 15 minutes. Plugged in the serial, set the settings,and away I went. No idea why you are having so much trouble unless it is a hardware problem. I would try and get someone at US Cutter to help you before you spend any more money.

Does anyone really know these cutters? I will really trade what I have listed (that wide format printer goes for between 950 to 1400 on ebay with out the paper and extras) with the cash + this cutter for a used roland GX 24. I beg you! Save my sanity!

from reading your previous posts,  on August 4th your cutter was only 2 days old.  so it is under warranty,,,  chill a bit ,  breathe,    contact  US Cutter on Monday.. hopefully it is a quick fix. sorry I  can't do more for you.

well they don't work on weekends and remember they are on Pacific time. Honestly, I would just call the telephone support number first thing Monday. You coulod also PM your phone number to Brandon davis. He seems to be the one who gets things done. 9-5 M-F,anyway. My refine has been a reliable,excellent cutter but sometimes they do break.

with the newer ones it shouldn't make a difference. Used to be there was regular and null modem cable...the difference being that with one, info only traveled one way..with the other, it travels both ways. It's a bit confusing and I never really understood the technical aspect of it, but as I said,with the newer ones it shouldn't happen.

Anyway, try switching ends...I  had this work once. The cabel was actually marked which end went to the cutter and which to the computer.

The null modem one was used back before we had network cable. Was used to connect a network together.

Charlie

Ok, I did not know they didnt worked ok weekend (lucky dogs). I do have a ticket in.

I did buy from them for a reason, but I just got a quote from apple and my mac needs work I didnt know it needed so I guess im just taking that anger out on my poor little cutter. Sorry buddy.

Thanks for all the help though guys. Ill let you know by friday on how it goes.

The null modem one was used back before we had network cable. Was used to connect a network together.

Charlie

yeah, I remember that..I had 2 computers networked with one...windows 95 machines. I don't miss those days at all.

Shoulda tried networking via dial up on Dos and Windows 3. Had to configure EVERYTHING - ports, IRQ, baud - loads of fun.

Charlie

Shoulda tried networking via dial up on Dos and Windows 3. Had to configure EVERYTHING - ports, IRQ, baud - loads of fun.

Charlie

are you kidding? back then, I was lucky to afford one computer.

My first 95 machine cost $1000 without the monitor. If it hadn't been for my local college junking a bunch of 95 machines, I wouldn't have had a second one. And I had to FIX those before I could even boot.

And btw.. I still have teh full windows 3.1 here on Floppies somewhere,as well as 95. Those were fun installs.

yes,and it was a basic no frills...75mhz processor, 32megs RAM,and a 1gb HD. I will say that it did come with a great pair of Arkins Speakers,that I use to this day. NOne better that I have ever tried.

I bought a serial extension online for my cutter when I first got it.  Had to mess around for about an hour to get it working.  The extension alone would not work.  I had to use the original connected to the extension, and had to reverse the extension cable direction to make it work.  There must be something different with a cutter serial cable compared to a standard serial cable.

More likely, your standard serial was a null cable - they had one or two pairs of wires reversed in the null modem cables.

Charlie

Still got nothing! I have talked to USC 3 times about calling me and it just hasnt happened. So if any one is remotely close to Cincinnati and has any time this saturday to come help me out it would be great. I have already lost almost a week of work and 2 clients going on 3 because of this and for me just starting up in this bus. does not fair well for my rep at all.

USC has been short-handed in the tech dept due to illness and a death in the family...things should be back to normal soon, if not already. Please keep trying.

If I was told that I would have been more understanding, to whom ever had the lose, I am sorry.

But when I am told I would receive a call at 9 Pacific (12 eastern) and its now 130 eastern I really cant help it, as I have class today and cant sit around to wait for a phone call. So that means it will be yet another week and thus my 3rd client will go else where and an other lost week of productivity.

Just talked to Levi, sounds like an easy fix. Sorry for the bad temper, been on edge with school and work and some major family issues.

:)