Sign in to follow this  
VendettaVinyl

Cutter is not cutting - Need help ASAP

Hey, in SignBlazer says it sent to the cutter but nothing happens! I have a project due in 2 days and have at least a day of work left, please please, help!

In SB is even shows the cutting lines going around the design. I have checked all my connections and its powering up and the test cut on the cutter is working.

Everything looks like it did yesterday and I still cant get it to cut. Cutter is working (getting to orgin, testing) like normal. Any idea what I can do? I need to get the cutter back up by the end of tonight?

CRAP, my client just called and he was not understanding and went else where. But I still need some help with the cutter.

Also I am selling my 36 inch wide printer to help fund a new project

Sounds like a bad serial cable or something.  When I first got my cutter, I installed a serial cable extension.  Got the same results as you until I reversed the cords.

Have you changed anything?  Moved anything?

Have you called the support # listed in a previous post?

There's always a possibility that a board in the cutter is bad.

I read a post once that recommended having 2 cutters for just this type of urgency.  It made sense to me.  If you do any kind of production work, or cut vinyl as a business where deadlines come into play, you should have a backup.  So I picked up a second cutter on ebay.  I think it came to $349 with shipping.  A small price compared to losing a valued customer.  You could easily justify the expense after losing just 1 or 2 jobs in a jam IMO.

Nope, havent moved a thing. But if the board in the cutter was bad, how would it be able to operate? I think its either a bad port or cable but Im not sure. Vinyl is just a small part of my studio I mainly do graphic and packaging design.

I guess they were backed-up. I suggest calling directly.First thing Monday morning.

every once in a while mine will freeze up like that. I'm using USB what I do is unplug the cable, the computer will stop trying to cut. exit the cutting screen, plug the cable back in, then go again and it works. this is with SB.  Before I figured this out I had to restart the computer cause I couldn't get SB to respond. I don't know if this will help, cause mine only does it every once in a while.  On yours, have you tried a different cable? maybe bad serial cable

Nope.

Did ya even try a different cable?     You can purchase at radio Shack most cables. Even to have one as a back up is a good thing to have.  Cheaper than losing a customer over.

It is getting harder to find a serial cable at retail stores...Office depot put all of their on clearance about a year ago,and don't carry them now. I suggest you find a good online source.

It's the same with a lot of things. I always go online first to see if target,Office Depot,etc..has what I want..and it's getting more and more 'online only',esp with older technology.