prettybird

My cutter is not cutting some areas deep enough

Hi, I have a Seiki cutter and it's been working fine, but today I cut out a few things and some parts cut fine and other parts of the same thing did not cut deep enough.  I can see a faint line so I know it tried to cut, but just didn't go deep enough but other areas of the same project did cut deep enough.  Any suggestions?  How often should the blade be changed?  I am wondering if the blade is dull or something.  I've had the machine for about 5 months now and haven't installed a new blade since I got it.  Thanks for any help anyone can give!

Either change the blade or adjust your depth, and maybe pressure. As a blade gets duller it needs more force if your insistent on keeping it going a little bit more. I occasionally have to adjust it deeper with a duller blade. A small pressure increase may also help.

Kevin

that's a trick question. Cutting regular vinyl I have had 45 deg blades last for more than 6-8 rolls of vinyl. Cutting Metallic and reflective it can kill a blade in just a few yards if your not careful. I also think it matters on what blade you got also. I had one blade I swear was dull when I put it in. Another had a noticeable pit in it. 60 deg blades seem to last longer for me.

And it also depends on what your cutting. Big large regular shaped letters 20" tall and 10' long, won't do as much cutting as  12" x 12" celtic ornament. So the true answer is you change them when they don't cut so good :-)

Buy good ones and eliminate that problem.

Kevin

I had that issue once.  And all it was, was that I needed to adjust the spacing of my roller feet. You know the wheels that hold down the vinyl to the rollers.  I had them to close together.  You may have them to far apart or to close together.  It's a thought.

Guest manwayvan

I have had my cutter for three months(Creation 630) and have been using the same blade that they sent with it. I cut everyday atleast 10 decals.

Have you adjusted your offset... ? What software are you cutting with? Perhaps if you are still having issues we can get you into a support ticket and troubleshoot with you. To submit a ticket goto support.uscutter.com

It seems to be cutting better right now.  I increased the force a little bit.  How do you adjust your offset?  It seems to cut most areas good, but every now and then, it seems to not cut a small section here or there all the way down.  I think I am going to try a new blade.  I am using the blades that came with my Seiki cutter.  Are the blades that come with cutters usually junk ones or are they generally pretty good?  Thanks!

The blades are good that come with the cutter and I purchase my replace blades from Seiki .... Never a problem..  What cutting software are you using?  you stated you did not know how to change the offset.... 

ok  I have Flexi 8.5  so it should be close.    enter some text on your main layout so you can open the cut/plot screen..  after the cut/plot screen is open  at upper left corner below the cutter brand is a bar that says  Properites click it>  screen changes,, to default job properites.. I have 3 pictures at top.. look for knife/blade  click it..  screen changes,, half way down is knife offset.  If you change it,  also click APPLY.. then OK, 

I did that and mine only has 2 pictures.  The first one shows setup name and it lists my Seiki cutter and the second picture brings up communication and it shows the port and the settings like bits per second, data bits, parity, stop bits, flow control, hardwires.  Nothing showing up about the knife or offset.  Any where else I should look?  Thanks

then look at the bottom left corner. Yours is different than mine..  It says JOB DEFAULTS

your Flexi cutting software does have a users manual.  at the top of your main screen is HELP,,  click it and HELP TOPICS,  this might help you thru more things. 

offset is set for different variables for different blades and machines. ..  is this setting working for you alright?  If not, then change it plus/minus to make your cuts better.. only change a little at a time.  This is not gonna make it cut deeper, only force of the machine will do that. The force is adjusted on your machine.