wasatchcars

We all love Walmart

Wow ,

I must admit that I did find the pics of people at walmart funny at times. Especially the girl with the swastika  on her shirt next to two african american guys. Not so sure if that was funny or just outrageous for this day and time. No I don't think her point of view is correct in any way (Just in case ppl misunderstand me, my Grandfather fought in WWII ) As I was browsing my local walmart the other day I felt the need to get my cell phone out and get it ready in case I had one of those "people at walmart" moments. I couldn't seem to find anybody there that would fit with the theme set by the website. And to confess, I realized that it was I who was one of those people at walmart. I have very long thick hair(think 80's hair metal) and it usually gets stairs from people (sorry no hairspray here). So , I decided that it would be funny to take a picture of myself and send it in. As a joke I was all for it. Then I thought better and felt that even though it would be funny ( to myself ) to do that, it wouldn't be so funny for people who look like me. And I hate to say it but for any  man who has very long hair like I do, there are some social prejudices you will have to deal with. And I didn't want to contribute the stigma that all long hairs are stupid, dope smoking, biker gang, low lifes who just go to walmart just to get photographed by people who think they are better just because they are not like the people shown. This gives shallow minded people a chance to reinforce that they arent the lowest on the totem pole (in their mind) because here is a lower level still! And though I can still laugh at some of those photos (wardrobe choices come to mind, Pink daisy duke shorts on man??) I have to remember that I too am not perfect and can be just as laughable as others even though its my choice to look like I do. So others do as well. I am not condemning this site I just hope it doesn't reinforce anything that discourages  people from looking past the cover of the book and reading the pages inside. You will find we are more alike, than we are different on the outside... for the most part but not always.  

I hope my post hasn't spoiled the humor of this thread. I just wanted to point out my observations.

Sheister

Shiester ( I really like the name :thumbsup: ) ,

Your comprehension is cool  :thumbsup:

Wow ,

I must admit that I did find the pics of people at walmart funny at times. Especially the girl with the swastika  on her shirt next to two african american guys. Not so sure if that was funny or just outrageous for this day and time. No I don't think her point of view is correct in any way (Just in case ppl misunderstand me, my Grandfather fought in WWII ) As I was browsing my local walmart the other day I felt the need to get my cell phone out and get it ready in case I had one of those "people at walmart" moments. I couldn't seem to find anybody there that would fit with the theme set by the website. And to confess, I realized that it was I who was one of those people at walmart. I have very long thick hair(think 80's hair metal) and it usually gets stairs from people (sorry no hairspray here). So , I decided that it would be funny to take a picture of myself and send it in. As a joke I was all for it. Then I thought better and felt that even though it would be funny ( to myself ) to do that, it wouldn't be so funny for people who look like me. And I hate to say it but for any  man who has very long hair like I do, there are some social prejudices you will have to deal with. And I didn't want to contribute the stigma that all long hairs are stupid, dope smoking, biker gang, low lifes who just go to walmart just to get photographed by people who think they are better just because they are not like the people shown. This gives shallow minded people a chance to reinforce that they arent the lowest on the totem pole (in their mind) because here is a lower level still! And though I can still laugh at some of those photos (wardrobe choices come to mind, Pink daisy duke shorts on man??) I have to remember that I too am not perfect and can be just as laughable as others even though its my choice to look like I do. So others do as well. I am not condemning this site I just hope it doesn't reinforce anything that discourages  people from looking past the cover of the book and reading the pages inside. You will find we are more alike, than we are different on the outside... for the most part but not always.  

I hope my post hasn't spoiled the humor of this thread. I just wanted to point out my observations.

Sheister

Sheister, I agree with you, and I like your post. But omg you need paragraphs!! :thumbsup: I used to be a long-hair too (almost down to my waist), and I've directly dealt with the prejudices which came with it (even from cops). I had one cop stop me thinking I was a drug-runner. He couldn't have profiled me any less accurately. Let's see:

I was in a bright yellow, lowered Honda. Just about the worst possible car for a drug-runner. A real (smart) drug runner would be a housewife in an SUV. There are jillions of them, and cops seem to never stop them....even when they're texting while eating a veggie wrap and drinking a skinny half-caf Chai tea latte and trying to adjust the volume on their Dr. Phil audio-book.

I don't even smoke or drink, and I keep my car immaculate.

Never have I been asked so many crazy questions as when I had long hair, 'Do you have a gun in the car?'. 'Are you carrying drugs?'.

I had one cop put me in the back seat of the patrol car, and he searched my vehicle (after I gave permission, of course). When he got back, I smiled and said, 'are you new?'. He said, 'yes, how did you know?'. I replied, 'Well, because you profiled me as a drug-runner, and you seem very cautious hehe'. We had a little laugh about it, and he let me go without any tickets or anything. :thumbsup:

Generally, I like cops, and it's their job to profile. It's just that most people tend to use pattern-recognition and if you look like a Meth-head, some...well, most might assume you are until they find out otherwise. This is why one of the silliest things people do in gang-infested areas is dress like a gang-member! Just dress like you're on the away team at NASA and you're safe!

Anyhoot...I hate the blight that is Walmart...mostly for their past product censorship practices and overly-right-wing-Christian-founders/owners. I generally boycott them (even though there's one close to me). Wal-Mart seems to attract a lot of...um....people who don't have a regard for property. The lot is always way trashier than surrounding stores in this otherwise nice area. Why would it be that shoppers who happen to go to WalMart have a lower regard for public property than others? I don't know, but it's noticeable and just adds to the already bad-feeling I have about Wal-Mart.

My buddy's wife has a black suburban. Bone stock just like the Govt. boys use. When we go to walmart together we let the women go inside and we cruise the parking lot! You should see the reactions from the "criminal types" they get real nervous when we cruise by slowly!  ;D

My buddy's wife has a black suburban. Bone stock just like the Govt. boys use. When we go to walmart together we let the women go inside and we cruise the parking lot! You should see the reactions from the "criminal types" they get real nervous when we cruise by slowly!  ;D

LOL classic.

Last time my wife I and went to Walmart I grabbed a 50 pound bag of sugar and put on the lower level of the shopping cart (my wife calls them buggies...) Anyway, we went all over the store and ended up over by the meat section, which was very crowded.  I parked the cart while we went looking for some stufff.  When we were walking back and forth in the store, I kept encountering slippery spots where there was 'sand' on the floor.  I was thinking what a hazard this is, and wondered what is up with this?  Well I got my answer soon enough, as we headed back to the cart there was more 'sand' on the floor, leading right up to our cart, which had an ENORMOUS pile of sugar underneath it!!!!!!  The cart was surrounded by 2 head scratching Walmart employees, so I took my wife by the arm made a hasty exit...

:)  ;D

BTW the sugar was for Humming Bird food, not shine!