Sign in to follow this  
hbglassart

at my wits end. copam and vista issues

im sittin here with a vista machine. a usb to serial adapter and a copam 4050.

i cannot get the computer the stick the adapter in a port. i installed the "ports" manually on vista. all four of them have the little caution sign next to them in device manager with a error code 34 in the properties description. when i plug in the usb adapter.... the only thing that pops up in device manager is in the usb section. it says printer support.

i have uninstalled reinstalled several times. used online drivers and the ones that came with my adapter. when im in signblazer.... on i think port 3 (blazer settings) it will draw out the picture and send it. but nothing happens at the plotter.

what can i do. ive got a $1500 machine thats more or less just a paperweight. any help would be massively appreciated.

thanx,

patrick

hbglassart

im sittin here with a vista machine. a usb to serial adapter and a copam 4050.

i cannot get the computer the stick the adapter in a port. i installed the "ports" manually on vista. all four of them have the little caution sign next to them in device manager with a error code 34 in the properties description. when i plug in the usb adapter.... the only thing that pops up in device manager is in the usb section. it says printer support.

i have uninstalled reinstalled several times. used online drivers and the ones that came with my adapter. when im in signblazer.... on i think port 3 (blazer settings) it will draw out the picture and send it. but nothing happens at the plotter.

what can i do. ive got a $1500 machine thats more or less just a paperweight. any help would be massively appreciated.

thanx,

patrick

hbglassart

have you tried this USB to serial driver that is in the support section of copam,,   from up above     http://support.uscutter.com

http://support.uscutter.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=54

yes i have used the copam driver and the prolific from the prolific site. those did no good, so i uninstalled and stuck the one back on that came with adapter.

thx for the number. havent thought of that yet. will call tomorrow.