stunad jr.

A word to the wise before posting "show your work"

I'm not hurt, upset, hating life about anything posted in reply to anything that I have said in here.  I like I've said on my vinyl world show.  I can not express my words the right way in blogs or forums.  I'm a video and audio type of guy.  So if something that I have posted in here as rubbed anyone the wrong way I am truly sorry if I have.  So I love ya all.  Your just a bunch of damn good guys, and gals.  :)

You may not be able to prevent totally somebody from recreating or copying your artwork but you can make sure YOU get paid by your customers who are price shopping you . I have logo'd up several designs for price shoppers only to have them take the work to somebody else . I even had one guy take the image and put it on his myspace page. "Thanks for the logo, nahh I dont need the shirts I'm short on money right now." Now I get money up front and show examples of work I have done that is not closely related to what they are looking for.  Its not full proof, but a better policy. I hate to say it but society thinks of the gain first and is less empathetic toward the work that went into generating a design in the process of doing business. And they wonder why folks like us are less flexible in these matters!!

As far as somebody downloading my designs. Well if watermarked it may discourage casual folks but it wont stop the experienced. I would only hope whomever does this isnt somebody working in my backyard. Then the lost profits may or may not be realized. It depends on how popular the image becomes. A cunning mind may even allow this practice to go on for a while. Let the thieves do the work making small profits making your design very popular. Then when its at its peak. Slam them with a copyright infringement case. Then the thieves will be fat with the money made from your design and will be great candidates for a civil lawsuit.  Well in a perfect world anyways but I'm not holding my breath!! LOL