Sign in to follow this  
VendettaVinyl

Vinyl Rack???

There's a popular thread on here about "show your workspace" and theres quite a few good budget minded idea's on rack setups you could do.

Check out this post here http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,3223.msg164375.html#msg164375

This can easily be built out of 2x6 lumber. If you know someone that does woodworking they can crank this out in no time! I had one built by a co-worker that does woodworking. The pictures further down in the post give you some good close up views.

My co-worker who built mine added a couple of 2x4's for bracing on the back so its a stand alone shelf and some side pieces so that the pvc pipes will not slide out the ends.

This provides a great storage solution and free's up valueable floor and wall space

I took a 2x4 about 2 foot long, drilled 7 1" holes at a slight angle through the board spaced about 6" to hold rolls apart. Then took a bunch of old broom/mop handles and cut them down to 15" lengths, and glued them int eh holes. Then Screwed the 2x4 to the wall. I made 2, and they hold 14 rolls for me.

Kevin

I will try to get some photos of my rack tonight. I do not have it installed yet you you will be able to see what was done. I don't get off work til late so it will be after 11pm Est. before I can post them

Its a bit later than I planned on posting these pics. Been a busy weekend. Had a wedding to go to.

Here is the rack I had built. I have not installed it yet so its sitting in my garage.

You can see the luan board he put on the sides to keep the pvc from sliding side to side. It will work great. and if you have a large roll of vinyl you can remove the pipe below it to make room.

post-5717-12986544123243_thumb.jpg

post-5717-12986544123802_thumb.jpg

post-5717-12986544137831_thumb.jpg

post-5717-12986544138301_thumb.jpg

Its a bit later than I planned on posting these pics. Been a busy weekend. Had a wedding to go to.

Here is the rack I had built. I have not installed it yet so its sitting in my garage.

You can see the luan board he put on the sides to keep the pvc from sliding side to side. It will work great. and if you have a large roll of vinyl you can remove the pipe below it to make room.

Looks Great!

what do you use the all purpose flour for? :D:thumbsup:

bb

My roommate uses it for his home made catfish bait.

If you look in the lower left corner of one pic you can see the "jugs" I made up for catfishing. Using a Pool Noodle and some PCV pipe.

hmmm that rack looks great bigfoot. def gonna have to get my buddy to make me one since he has all the tools necessary

cool. that will probably be my next weekend project. When I get a free moment. lol

Im getting ready to setup shop in my basement. Currently I'm cutting out of my bedroom. I ordered me a new laptop and it will be in on Wed.  I can't wait!! Gonna use it to cut with. So I can keep my desktop upstairs and if I want to take my cutting on the road I can just grab the laptop. And also use it to show customers proofs in the field.

Snap photos with my camera and upload to the PC and do their proof right there.

Here is a vinyl rack I made out of 3/4 inch pvc pipe.

I made something similar with 2x4's and 1" pvc - works great but they are never big enough

]

Bigfoot you dont have a template for that do you?

I dont have the template. The guy from work who made it said he drilled 1" holes 3" from each other. about 3/4" from the back of the board. Then he cut 1" slots to the holes to give the pvc pipe a place to slide into

He then cut some 2x4s 30" to support the back and put the side boards on to keep the pvc from sliding left to right. The pvc is 3/4"pvc at 30" long