UncleCrack

Cutting Rhinestone patterns

Rhinestones are cool. I have been doing it with corel draw X3 and X4. the X4 version has something called "center line trace" that makes names and words a breeze. Here is a link to a guy , Luis, that has done some great work figuring out how to do all the great stuff without having to buy any of the expensive programs. Corel draw can be had for around $100 on ebay but be sure to buy the "retail " version, The student/teacher and OEM versions do not have the VB tools to run the plug-ins for the cutters to cut from corel draw. Another place to learn a lot about rhinestones is the www.t-shirtforums.com. good luck and have fun.

Terry

Two more things. The 60 degree blade is recommended for the thicker material used for the rhinestone templates. And the "starter" kit offered by cyber is a very good, affordable way to get your feet wet in this area of T-shirt decorating.

Two more things. The 60 degree blade is recommended for the thicker material used for the rhinestone templates. And the "starter" kit offered by cyber is a very good, affordable way to get your feet wet in this area of T-shirt decorating.

Thanks Terry. :thumbsup:  The content of the starter kit was designed for that very purpose...so I'm really glad it is helping others to get going on this.

Thanks for the links too!  It really is a lot of fun to create rhinestone apparel.  I don't see any signs of things slowing down.

Great work cyber,,

and terry is right,, luis does a great job at the tuits for corel,,

MMM

Hello everyone,

Hope someone can help me. I have purchased the MH MK2 cutter, with the SCAL software, the heat press machine, the sticky flock and the tape. I already cut out some designs on stock paper just to practice but the holes were too big that the rhinestones fell out. So my question is, if I am using SS10 stones, should I go with the SS9 or SS11? Also what should the up speed be and what Baud rate should the machine be set to.   

Thanks in advance for your replies/help.

Jess