UncleCrack

Cutting Rhinestone patterns

Anyone use their cutter for making rhinestone patterns? I am curious  if anyone has and if they could point me in the right diection.

Thanks,

Jack

I do this kind of work with my cutter. It's pretty easy to get started once you have all the right stuff. 

If you or anyone else is interested, I have a very affordable rhinestone starter kit that provides you with everything you need to get started...from cutting your own templates to creating the final products (with all the supplies, tips, and instructions...including a discount code for later ordering of additional supplies).  You can PM me and I can give you the breakdown of what's in the kit and pricing.  As rhinestone/rhinestud transfers and apparel are becoming very popular sale items right now, it's a perfect time to start IMO.  A couple people in this forum have already previously purchased this starter kit.

If the forum MODS are ok with me making the full details of the starter kit available here for the forum members (all that's included and pricing), just let me know.  :)

-Cyber

• Like 1

The fall issue of PrintWear Mag has a whole section on rhinestones and sequins. There is a company in there selling a starter kit for cutting rhinestone templates that you just pour the stones over and they fall into the holes correctly, then transfer them to a clear transfer sheet and Heat press in place. They also go into getail about the Ultrasonic Application gun.

Kevin

Hey Scott, made my first design..............LOVE all the supplies you provided in your starter kit!! THANKS.

As soon as I get a break from my 'other' job I'll get a picture.

THANKS AGAIN!

Hey Scott, made my first design..............LOVE all the supplies you provided in your starter kit!! THANKS.

As soon as I get a break from my 'other' job I'll get a picture.

THANKS AGAIN!

Can't wait to see the kinds of things you are creating Jenny!  :thumbsup:

Once everyone gets started on making their rhinestone transfers, would be great to see some posts of what you come up with! I started out doing this as an add-on to my current t-shirt business, so for my customers I make both full rhinestone transfers now as well as designs that are a mixture of rhinestones and heat press vinyl.  The full rhinestone transfers are nice because you can sell the transfers and have your customers apply them themselves.  But they also add a bit of bling to heat press vinyl apparel that you sell (as well as silk screened apparel - seen others do some great stuff with that).  :thumbsup:

I am just starting a t-shirt, decal, sign business, but want very much to do rhinestones.  I have made many rhinestone shirts and etc. by hand. I just purchased the USCutter laser contour 48" cutter and a heat press. Will this work with the software offered by CyberSultan?  Please contact me.  Thanks.

You might have better luck  asking  Cyber ,,  He is the only one that knows what is in the starter kit they are selling.  

I definitely want to help people get started in rhinestones if they are interested, as rhinestone apparel is very popular right now (whether it is doing 100% rhinestone designs or mixing rhinestone work with heat press vinyl or screen printing). You are well on your way having bought a cutter and heat press already.  A rhinestone starter kit is an affordable way to get started which includes items to take you from here (rhinestones/rhinestuds, hotfix tape, template material, sample designs ready-to-cut, pre-made template to test with, instructions on how go from start-to-finish using your cutter and any vector program you already have (a free program like Inkscape will work...although some programs like Corel can speed up the rhinestone transfer creation process), etc.  For right now, if people are interested, let me know and I will contact you offline.

I would love to see more discussion of rhinestones here as it is one area of the apparel industry that is very profitable and uses the equipment and software you have already invested in.

• Like 1

go ahaead and post the link. There are no forum rules against it,since you are not selling in competition with USC.

You might have better luck  asking  Cyber ,,  He is the only one that knows what is in the starter kit they are selling.  

If the link gets removed again, it won't be by me..and his website address is clearly in his profile.

Scott, what is the best blade for cutting the templates??  I think it's 60, but not 100% sure.  I only have 45 right now and didn't know if that would work or not.

Thanks so much,

The template material should be cut with a 60 degree blade due to its thickness (preventing the blade from binding in the material).  I have not tried cutting with a 45 degree blade simply because of the specs of the material.  I can run some tests with a 45 degree blade and see how it performs on just cutting small circles into the material and let you know. :huh:

wow that looks like a really goood kit and great price, i hope you sell lots of them

Thanks. :huh: These kits are intended to get forum members started without the huge investment that so many companies out there are asking for.  There is no reason it should be so expensive to just get started in the various aspects of these industries (whether it is making signs, decals, apparel, etc).  Sure it would be nice to provide follow-up supplies once people get started (as our rhinestone supplies pricing and quality cannot be beat...and we provide a nice additional discount on those future supplies to those who get starter kits), but there is no requirement for that nor pressure to do that either.  Anyways, I hope it is helpful.

I'm interested in the material too, we've had some communication about this already, but I'm still concerned how to efficiently cut the patterns, this is design-wise. I know that programs like Roland's RWear make it pretty much automatic, but if you can make perfect make a clean design the fact you're doing a template is almost useless if you have to re-accommodate most stones.

Hope you can understand what I'm trying to say  ;D

Even with specialized rhinestone software, it still requires some adjustment of the layout.  One advantage of rhinestone-specific software is that it can detect the points of the design that have angles (so that a stone is placed on those points).  There are also fill features in some of the rhinestone-stone specific software as well.  But even watching demos of some of the more expensive software packages, I still see them having to adjust the position of some of the stones in their designs (while trying to play down the fact that they are having to do that at all).

After all this time, I still do all of my rhinestone designing with CorelDraw.

Most all the software I have used for Rhinestone production will always have a stone to push here or there or space different or add another,,

MMM

Would really like to see some of the things you guys have made so far with your starter kits!  Lately I have been doing some simple custom designs for the local schools in the area.  We are decorating the house today for the Christmas season, but I will try to get up some pictures posted soon to give you some ideas of what our local schools have been looking for.  They haven't been anything complicated...but they sure love their bling! :(

Here is a rhinestone design I recently did for a local High School hockey team fundraiser.  They wanted it generic, so it doesn't have the school name on it.

post-2310-12986547866576_thumb.jpg

post-2310-12986547878405_thumb.jpg