Guest manwayvan

Need some newbie help with car body graphic

Guest manwayvan

I was contacted by a pharmacy to do a nissan cube they purchased for deliveries.. They are wanting the graphic on both sides and to run the lengh of vehicle with a design behind for visual then ontop of that the pharmacy name and stuff.. I have never done anything like this before and looking for some advice from the vets.. My major concerns are making sure graphic is level on both sides and how does one go about working around where the door opens..do you just cut and tuck the vinyl around? Also what about making sure each side is symetrical? any tips on that... I appreciate any help

I tuck and wrap around the edges. Make sure the edges have a clean surface or they will lift. Also I try and center the graphics the best I can. Usally that means finding lines on the car and following them. Tack things up to see how they look first on one side. When you have it the way you like take measurements and repeat on the other side. Measure Measure but if you are off one inch on one side versus the other you really cant tell its hard to see both sides at the same time.

Guest manwayvan

Hey thanks for the help..On the tucking around the door breaks and stuff is there a side I should cut from to split the vinyl or does it really matter any?

Guest manwayvan

man that site is great...thanks alot...

Guest manwayvan

Hey I was looking over the tutorial on the measuring of the picture but I cant seem to figure it out..It says to measure a spot so i picked the passenger door of the nissan cube and tried to measure using flexi but as I expected it only measured 1 inch..So is there another way to scale your graphics any better..Here is the tutorial I was referring to  http://clipartandfonts.com/TUTORIALS_scale_to_size.html

Hey I was looking over the tutorial on the measuring of the picture but I cant seem to figure it out..It says to measure a spot so i picked the passenger door of the nissan cube and tried to measure using flexi but as I expected it only measured 1 inch..So is there another way to scale your graphics any better..Here is the tutorial I was referring to  http://clipartandfonts.com/TUTORIALS_scale_to_size.html

I think that you have to know the measurement of the real size vechicle first.

I use Coraldraw X4 and what I did was take a picture of my own car and mark on the door a square, which I measured and took a note of the size.

I then opened up Coraldraw and made a square which measured the same size as the one I made on my car.

I then inported the picture of my car and placed the square that I drew (Which is a known size) and placed it over the picture of the car.  Then enlarge the car picture so that the square that you drew is matching the one that was on the car for the first measurement.

Therefore from now on if you ever placed a decal desgin on that picture you will see how it will look and you will know how big it is as coraldraw always shows both the size of the image/page that you are working on and also the size of the clipart.

I hope that I have explaned myself ok to you but writing is not my strong point I would rather show someone how to do it.

Hope it helps,

Fred

• Like 1

Your photo needs to be taken square on, and have some form of measurement so you can match the size in SB, or whatever program you use  The easiest way I have found is to just stick, tape or glue 2 measuring tapes, one vertical and one horizontal on the car and take your photo.  Then just bring it to size, both vertically & Horizontally in your design program.  You can also use a couple of magnets to hold the measuring tapes  I hope this info simplifies it for you.

Joe

post-4238-12986544034431_thumb.jpg

post-4238-12986544046677_thumb.jpg

Joeblow,

Thanks, for making it more simple.

I thought mine was a bit longwinded, but I knew what I meant.

Cheers,

Fred

Guest manwayvan

Thanks you all..And ya that makes perfect sense..However is there trully a way to measure a graphic from a picture from the net? This would be alot better for me as I live an hour away from the pharmacy

Guest manwayvan

Hey Joedirt thanks alot that makes alot more sense..Appreciate it  ;D